Developed and marketed by Apple Inc., the 9.7 iPad Wi-Fi+Cellular (early 2017) replaces the iPad Air 2 as the entry level budget tablet computer. Being a carbon copy of the iPad Air in the design, height, and screen size, it is also cheaper, and heavier than its predecessor, the iPad Air 2 but a way more powerful. The 9.7 iPad Wi-Fi+Cellular (early 2017) features the brand new chip Apple A9X together with the motion coprocessor Apple M9, two storage options – 32 GB and 128 GB – and the 2 GB of RAM and the Retina 2k display. The connectivity includes Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GSM / HDSPA, GSM / EDGE, CDMA, LTE. The tablet supports HD video and Dolby sound and runs on iOS 10.3. The Apple Pencil is available at an extra cost.
9.7 iPad 7th Generation Wi-Fi+Cellular (Early 2017)
Introduction: Announced on March 21, 2017. Released on March 24, 2017.
- Processor: System in a chip Apple A9X. GPU Octa-core PowerVR GPU.
- Motion coprocessor: Apple M9.
- CPU: 1.85 GHz dual-core 64-bit ARMv8-A “Twister”.
- Onboard RAM: 2 GB LPDDR3 of RAM.
- Storage: 32 GB, 128 GB of flash memory storage.
- OS: iOS 10.3.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GSM UMTS / HSDPA 850, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz GSM / EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz, CDMA CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A and B. 800, 1900 MHz, LTE Multiple bands A1567: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29 and TD-LTE 38, 39, 40, 41.
- Support: Mac Support: Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later. Windows Support: Windows XP SP2/Vista/7/8.
- Audio Support: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Dolby Digital (AC-3), Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3), Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV, user-configurable maximum volume limit.
- Video Support: H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 5.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Prole with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov le formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi le format.
- Input: Multi-touch screen, headset controls, M9 motion co-processor, proximity and ambient light sensors, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, Touch ID fingerprint reader, barometer.
- Controller input: PnP
- Display: 9.7″ 2048 × 1536 (264 ppi) 4:3 aspect ratio fully laminated LED-backlit IPS display. Touch ID fingerprint sensor. Antireflective coating.
- Cameras: Rear camera: 8.0 MP AF, iSight with Five Element Lens, Hybrid IR filter, video stabilisation, face detection, HDR, ƒ/2.4 aperture. Front camera: 1.2 MP, 720p HD, ƒ/2.2 aperture.
- Ports: Lightning connector, headphone.
- Battery: N / A.
- Battery Life: appr. 10 hs.
- Dimensions: 9.4 x 6.67 x 0.30 in.
- Average weight: Wi-Fi model: 1.034 lb. Wi-Fi + Cellular model: 1.054 lb.
- Colors: silver, gold, space gray.
Apple Model, Discontinuation, Price
Order Numbers: N/A.
Discontinuation: In production.
Price: Launch prices for 32GB models: – $449. 128GB: – $559.
- This 9.7 iPad has no other moniker and is to replace the iPad Air 2. Obviously, Apple decided to quit the Air line and to introduce the budget tablet for “flat-out fun”. The lack of flash for the 8-megapixel rear camera spoils a great part of it, but the Retina 2K display (the same iPad Pros feature) makes up for it. The 1.2-megapixel FaceTime HD camera supports 720p video and is great for FaceTime video calls.
- The polyurethane Smart Covers are available in gray, white, blue, pink, and (Product)Red for $39 for an extra cost of $39.
- ARMv8-A “Twister” CPU was developed back then in 2011 and is used by Apple Inc. since iPhone 5S.
- Selling old iPad? Get top $ for your old model. Simple way to sell your iPod. Best price on the net: Sell iPad now.