Apple Cinema Display (23-Inch, Aluminum) is meant to complement the Apple hi-end products, such as Power Macintosh G5 and PowerBook G4 models. It got an anodized aluminum casing with a slight bezel mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjustable hinge. The display also meets Electronics Standards Association (VESA) mounting interface standard and can be mounted on a wall or an articulating arm. Technically it is an active-matrix LCD matte display with maximum resolution of 1920×1200 pixels with an integrated two port USB hub, two FireWire “400” ports and the industry standard DVI (Digital Video Interface) socket. Thus, the Apple Cinema Display (23-Inch, Aluminum) is compatible not only with a Macintosh but also with an IBM desktop.
Apple Cinema Display (23-Inch, Aluminum)
Introduction Date: June 28, 2004.
- Code name: Cinema Display.
- Frame material: Anodized Aluminum.
- Display Type: TFT LCD.
- Display Size: 23-Inch.
- Format: “wide-screen”.
- Optimum Resolution (pixels): 1920×1200.
- Supported Resolutions (pixels): 1024 x 640, 1280 x 800.
- DPI/PPI: 100.
- Dot/Pixel Pitch: 0.258 mm.
- Max. Display Colors: 16.7 Million.
- Viewing Angle: 170 degrees horizontal, 170 degrees vertical.
- Response Time: 16 ms.
- Brightness: 270 cd/m2, 400 cd/m2 (since August 7, 2006).
- Contrast Ratio: 400:1, 700:1 (since August 7, 2006).
- Built-in Audio: No.
- Built-in Camera: No.
- USB 1.0: 2.
- Firewire: 2 (400).
- DVI: Yes.
- ADC: No.
- Power: 90 W.
- Supported MacOS: 10.2.8.
- Dimensions: 17.7 x 21.1 x 7.3.
- Average Weight: 15.5 lbs.
Apple Model, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order No: M9178LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1082.
Discontinued Date: November 17, 2008.
Original Price: $1999.
- Apple Cinema Display has an outboard power supply, that may warp otherwise thorough design. Power supplies are available, so a user can replace the bad one.
- See “Apple Cinema Display Error Codes” for details.
- Sell your old Apple Cinema Display to iGotOffer for the best price online: iGotOffer.com, fast and secure payment, free shipping.