Apple Cinema Display HD (High Definition, 23-inch) is an active-matrix LCD matte display with maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels. As the moniker HD implies, this display is designed for HDTV content playback. It has higher contrast ratio, brightness and wider viewing angle which enhance the viewing experience greatly. It is enclosed in a high-density crystal-clear polycarbonate frame mounted on an easel-style stand with an integrated two port USB hub and an ADC (Apple Display Connector) for analog and digital video input\output, USB data transferring and power supply. Apple Cinema Display Original (22-Inch) is compatible with a Mac with an ADC connection and a video card with 32 MB or more of video memory.
Apple Cinema Display HD (23-Inch)
Introduction Date: March 21, 2002.
- Code name: Cinema Display.
- Frame material: Polycarbonate.
- Display Type: TFT LCD.
- Display Size: 23-Inch.
- Format: “letterbox”.
- Optimum Resolution (pixels): 1920 x 1200.
- Supported Resolutions (pixels): 800 x 500, 1024 x 640, and 1280 x 800.
- DPI/PPI: 98.4.
- Dot/Pixel Pitch: 0.258 mm.
- Max. Display Colors: 16.7 Million.
- Viewing Angle: 170 degrees horizontal, 170 degrees vertical.
- Response Time: 16 ms.
- Brightness: 200 cd/m2.
- Contrast Ratio: 350:1.
- Built-in Audio: No.
- Built-in Camera: No.
- USB 1.0: 2.
- Firewire: No.
- DVI: No.
- ADC: Yes.
- Power: 70 W.
- Supported MacOS: 9.2.2 or X 10.1.3.
- Dimensions: 19.2 x 24.2 x 7.3.
- Average Weight: 25.3 lbs.
Apple Numbers, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order No: M8537ZM/A.
Apple Model No: M8536.
Discontinued Date: June 28, 2004.
Original Price: $3499.
- The iSight webcam can be mounted on this display. There’s a round hole in a display stand to put the wires through.
- This early Cinema Display, the 23-inch model was dubbed the Cinema HD Display and supported full 1080 pixels resolution.
- On June 28, 2004, Apple introduced a redesigned line of Cinema Displays, along with a new 30-inch model that, like the 23-inch model, carried the Cinema HD Display name.
- See also: Apple Cinema Displays Error Codes.
- Getting ready to recycle your old Apple Cinema Display? We at iGotOffer buy your used displays for top dollar cash: Sell My Cinema Display online now!