Apple Cinema Display LED (27-inch) is meant to companion the laptops with a Mini DisplayPort (earlier Macs aren’t supported): the MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air, as well as desktops featuring the same very port. It has an anodized aluminum casing with a slight bezel (but wider than that of its predecessor) mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjustable hinge. The screen is covered with an antiglare glass that is .75-inch-thick. The display also meets Electronics Standards Association (VESA) mounting interface standard and can be mounted on a wall or an articulating arm. Technically it is an active-matrix LED-backlit glossy display with IPS technology and a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels with an ambient light sensor, an integrated three port USB hub, an iSight web-camera with a mic and a 2.1 speaker system. It also has an octopus cable with three connectors (Mini DisplayPort, MagSafe, and USB 2.0) and thus can be plugged to Apple laptops only.
Apple Cinema Display LED (27-Inch)
Introduction Date: July 27, 2010.
- Code name: Cinema Display.
- Frame material: Anodized Aluminum.
- Display Type: TFT LCD.
- Display Size: 27-inch.
- Format: “wide-screen”.
- Optimum Resolution (pixels): 2560 x 1440.
- Supported Resolutions (pixels): 1920 x 1080, 1280 x 720.
- DPI/PPI: 109.
- Dot/Pixel Pitch: N\A.
- Max. Display Colors: 16.7 Million.
- Viewing Angle: 178 degrees horizontal, 178 degrees vertical.
- Response Time: 12 ms.
- Brightness: 375 cd/m2.
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1.
- Ambient light sensor: Yes.
- Built-in Audio: 2.1.
- Built-in Camera: iSight.
- USB 2.0: 3.
- Firewire: No.
- DVI: No.
- ADC: No.
- Mini DisplayPort: Yes.
- MagSafe: Yes.
- Power: 250 W.
- Supported MacOS: 10.6.4.
- Dimensions: 19.35 x 25.7 x 8.15.
- Average Weight: 23.5 lbs.
Apple Models, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order No: MC007LL/A.
Apple Model No: A1316.
Discontinued Date: July 20, 2011.
Original Price: $ 999.
- The ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the screen brightness depending on the intensity of the light in the room.
- Manually, brightness as well as color temperature, gamma, and contrast can be adjusted in OS X Display Calibrator Assistant with expert mode on.
- The display can be tilted but not pivoted or swiveled. The screen height is also unavailable.
- The newer Thunderbolt Display used the same design as the 27-inch size Cinema LED Display.
- See Apple Cinema Display Error Codes for details.
- The fastest way to get rid of your old Apple Cinema Display. Sell it to iGotOffer for the best price online, free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell Cinema Display for best price online now!