The Mac Pro “Eight Core” 2.26 (Early 2009/Nehalem) is powered by two Xeon E5520 processors. While remaining practically identical to the Early 2008 models externally, there are some major technical differences introduced to the new version, such as a faster architecture and a boosted by “Turbo Boost” processor speed.
Apple Mac Pro “Eight Core” 2.26 (2009/Nehalem)
Introduced on March 3, 2009.
- Processor: Xeon E5520 (Nehalem).
- Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz.
- Processor Type: Q. Core Xeon E5520 x2.
- RAM Type: PC3-8500 DDR3 ECC.
- Standard RAM: 6 GB.
- Video Card: GeForce GT 120.
- VRAM Type: GDDR3 SDRAM.
- Display Support: Up to 8 Displays.
- Resolution Support: 2560×1600.
- Standard Hard Drive: 640 GB.
- Connectivity: Standard AirPort 802.11a/b/g/n (optional). Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. USB Ports (5). Firewire Ports.
- OS: Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.5.6. Maximum MacOS: x 10.11.
- Minimum Windows: XP SP2.
- Maximum Windows: 8.1.
- Dimensions: 20.1 in height, 8.1 in width, 18.7 in depth.
- Average Weight: 41.2 lbs.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order Number: MB535LL/A.
Apple Model Number: A1289.
Discontinuation: July 27, 2010.
Initial Price: $3299.
- By default, the system is shipped with a single 640 GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s hard drive. Still, Apple formally supports up to 8 TB of storage with four 2 TB hard drives.
- Apple officially supports 32 GB of RAM, but it was later discovered that it is capable of using 64 GB of RAM if MacOS x 10.6 is booted in 64-bit mode.
- The most efficient way to recycle the Mac Pro you don’t need anymore : Sell it to iGotOffer for the best price on online market.