The Apple Mac Pro Eight Core 2.8 is yet another version introduced to the Mac Pro line. Compared to the original Mac Pro, Mac Pro “Eight Core” 2.8 uses more efficient and fast processors, a more advanced vector engine, and a faster memory.
Apple Mac Pro Eight Core 2.8
Introduced on January 8, 2008.
- Processor: Intel Xeon E5462.
- Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz.
- Processor Type: Q. Core Xeon E5462 x2.
- RAM Type: PC6400 DDR2 ECC.
- Standard RAM: 2 GB.
- Video Card: Radeon HD 2600 XT.
- VRAM Type: GDDR3 SDRAM.
- Display Support: According to Apple’s reports, this model can support up to eight 30-inch displays.
- Resolution Support: 2560 x 1600.
- Standard Hard Drive: 320 GB.
- Connectivity: Standard AirPort 802.11a/b/g/n. Bluetooth 2.0+EDR. USB Ports (5). Firewire Ports.
- OS: Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.5.1. Maximum MacOS: X 10.11.x.
- Minimum Windows: XP SP2.
- Maximum Windows: 7.
- Dimensions: 20.1 in height, 8.1 in width, 18.7 in depth
- Average Weight: 42.4 lbs.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order Number: MA970LL/A.
Apple Model Number: A1186.
Discontinuation: March 3, 2009.
Initial Price: $2799.
- The expansion includes two external bays, four internal hard drive bays, two PCle x4 slots, and two PCle 2.0×16 slots.
- Each of the two 45-nm Xeon E5462 processors has four independent cores with 12 MB of level 2 cache per each processor.
- If your eyes are on faster computers and you look for good hands to adopt your old Mac Pro, contact us at iGotOffer, and we’ll give you the best price for your device: Sell my Mac Pro now.