The Apple Mac Pro Quad Core 2.8 is a built-to-order configuration of the Mac Pro “Eight Core” 2.66 – the first Intel-based tower Mac to have been introduced. The Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.8 is powered by one Intel Xeon processor.
Apple Mac Pro Quad Core 2.8
Introduced on January 8, 2008.
- Processor: Intel Xeon E5462.
- Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz.
- Processor Type: Q. Core Xeon E5462.
- RAM Type: PC6400 DDR2 ECC.
- Standard RAM: 2 GB.
- Video Card: Radeon HD 2600 XT.
- VRAM Type: GDDR3 SDRAM.
- Display Support: According to Apple’s reports, this model can support up to eight 30-inch displays.
- Resolution Support: 2560 x 1600.
- Standard Hard Drive: 320 GB.
- Connectivity: Standard AirPort 802.11g/n. Bluetooth 2.0+EDR. USB Ports (5). Firewire Ports.
- OS: Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.5.1 (9B2117). Maximum OS: X 10.11.x.
- Minimum Windows: XP SP2.
- Maximum Windows: 7.
- Dimensions: 20.1 in height, 8.1 in width, 18.7 in depth.
- Average Weight: 42.4 lbs.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order Number: As a custom configuration of the Mac Pro “Eight Core” 2.8, this model does not have its own.
Apple Model Number: A1186.
Discontinuation: March 3, 2009.
Initial Price: $2299.
- The main difference between the stock model (Mac Pro “Eight Core” 2.8) and this custom configuration is that the configuration is powered by only one processor, while the stock model is powered by two.
- Having replaced the original Mac Pro, this new version uses an advanced architecture with a more efficient processor, a progressive vector engine and a faster memory.
- We help you save money for a new computer. Check on our prices: iGotOffer offers the best quotes for your old consumer electronic devices: Sell my Mac Pro now. The best way to save money for new device.