The Apple Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.93 (2009/Nehalem) is a built-to-order configuration of the Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.66 (Early 2009/Nehalem). The difference between this model and the 2.66 original is in the processor speed.
Apple Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.93 (2009/Nehalem)
Introduced on March 3, 2009.
- Processor: Xeon W3540 (Nehalem).
- Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz.
- Processor Type: Q. Core Xeon W3540.
- RAM Type: PC3-8500 DDR3 ECC.
- Standard RAM: 3 GB.
- Video Card: GeForce GT 120.
- VRAM Type: GDDR3 SDRAM.
- Display Support: Up to 8 Displays.
- Resolution Support: 2560×1600.
- Standard Hard Drive: 640 GB.
- Connectivity: Standard AirPort 802.11a/b/g/n (optional). Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. USB Ports (5). Firewire Ports.
- OS: Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.5.6. Maximum MacOS: X 10.11.
- Minimum Windows: XP SP2.
- Maximum Windows: 8.1.
- Dimensions: 20.1 in height, 8.1 in width, 18.7 in depth.
- Average Weight: 39.9 lbs.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
- Apple Order Number: As a custom configuration of the Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.66 (Early 2009/Nehalem), this model doesn’t have its own Apple Order Number.
- Apple Model Number: A1289.
- Discontinuation: July 27, 2010.
- Initial Price: $2999.
- The default video card of this model of the Mac Pro is capable of supporting digital resolutions up to 2560×1600 and analog resolutions up to 2048×1536.
- Some of the many technical changes introduced to the 2009 variations of the Mac Pro include four PCle 2.0 slots instead of the previous two PCle and two PCle 2.0 slots; four Firewire “800” ports instead of the previous two Firewire “400” and “800” ports; a redesigned interior case.