The Apple Mac Pro Quad Core 3.0, just as Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.0, is a built-to-order configuration of the Mac Pro ‘Quad Core” 2.66 – the first Intel-based tower Mac to have been introduced. The only difference between the two models is the processor.
Apple Mac Pro Quad Core 3.0 (Original)
Introduced on August 7, 2006.
- Processor: Intel Xeon 5160.
- Processor Speed: 3.0 GHz.
- Processor Type: D. Core Xeon 5160 x2.
- RAM Type: PC5300 DDR2 ECC.
- Standard RAM: 1 GB.
- Video Card: GeForce 7300 GT.
- VRAM Type: GDDR2 SDRAM.
- Display Support: According to Apple’s reports, this model can support up to eight displays with four NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics cards installed, each supporting two displays.
- Resolution Support: 2560 x 1600.
- Standard Hard Drive: 250 GB (7200 RPM).
- Connectivity: Airport Extreme 802.11a/b/g and draft-n (optional; n disabled by default). 2x gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem. Optional Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR.
- OS: Pre-Installed MacOS: X 10.4.7 (8K1079). Maximum MacOS: X 10.7.5.
- Maximum Windows: XP SP2.
- Battery: 922-6476 3.6V lithium battery.
- Dimensions: 20.1 in height, 8.1 in width, 18.7 in depth.
- Average Weight: 42.4 lbs.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order Number: As a custom configuration of the Mac Pro “Quad Core” 2.66, this model does not have its own order number.
Apple Model Number: A1186.
Discontinuation: January 8, 2008.
Initial Price: US$3299.
- The Mac Pro has four expansion slots (PCle). Accoding to Apple’s reports, the system is also provided with configurable bandwidth supporting 16-lane cards.
- Other than that, the expansion is provided with two external optical bays and four internal cable-free, direct attach hard drive bays.
- We’ll buy your old Mac Pro for the best price online. Check on our prices and sell your used computer in order to save money for a new model: Sell Mac Pro