The Handoff feature enables users to start a task on an Apple device and then continue it on another Apple device. The user can open a map on Apple Watch and then go straight to that location on iPhone. You need to turn on Handoff for your iPhone as a whole and then choose which groups of apps can use Handoff. Then you can turn on Handoff in the Apple Watch app in order to enable Apple Watch to use Handoff.
How to Configure Handoff
How to Enable Handoff on iPhone
- On iPhone press Home.
- When the Home screen opens, tap Settings.
- When the Settings screen appears, tap General.
- On the General screen, tap Handoff & Suggested Apps.
- On the Handoff & Suggested Apps screen set the Handoff switch to On.
- Set the My Apps switch to On to use Handoff for the Apps you have installed.
- Set the App store switch to On to see App store suggestions for relevant apps.
How to Enable Handoff on Apple Watch
- Press Home on iPhone.
- On the Home screen tap Apple Watch.
- When the Apple Watch app opens, tap My Watch.
- On the My Watch screen that has appeared, tap General.
- On the General screen set the Enable Handoff switch to On.
- Press Home twice.
- Now the Apple Switcher appears. You can now tap the leftmost item to go to the indicated app using Handoff.
- We Help You Save Money by Recycling Secondhand Devices: Sell your old and used Apple Watch to iGotOffer for the best price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment!