Apple Watch communicates wordlessly with you using sounds and haptics. Sounds are audio alerts, whereas haptics are vibration alerts targeted at your wrist and arm. It is possible to configure the alert volume, adjust the haptic strength, turn Prominent Haptic on or off, working either from on Apple Watch itself or using the Apple Watch app on iPhone.
Apple Watch: Configuring Sounds and Haptics
How to Configure Sounds and Haptics on Apple Watch
- Raise your wrist to wake Apple Watch and display the watch face.
- Click the Digital Crown to display the Home screen.
- Tap Settings to display the Settings screen.
- Tap Sounds & Haptics to display the Sound & Haptics screen.
- With the Ringer and Alert Sounds are displayed, turn the Digital Crown clockwise. You’ll see a green border appear around the volume control.
- Turn the Digital Crown clockwise to increase the volume. Turn the Digital Crown counterclockwise to decrease the volume.
- You can tap Quieter or Louder to change the volume.
- You can set the Mute switch to On to mute sound.
- Tap and drag up the screen. The Ringer and Alert Haptics are appears.
- Tap Weaker or Stronger to adjust the vibration.
- Set Prominent Haptic switch to On if you want Apple Watch to play a prominent haptic – one with an extra tap – to bring your attention to some common alerts.
How to Configure Sounds and Haptics Using the iPhone
- Press Home screen to display the Home screen.
- Tap Apple Watch to open the Apple Watch.
- Tap My Watch. The My Watch screen appears.
- On the My Watch screen tap Sounds & Haptics to display the Sound & Haptics screen.
- Drag the Alert Volume slider toward the Quiet or Loud end.
- Set the Mute switch to On if you need to mute Apple Watch,
- Drag the Haptic Strength slider toward the Weaker or Stronger end.
- Set the Cover to Mute switch to On to use Cover to Mute (When Apple Watch notifies you to an alert, place your palm over the Apple Watch display for 3 seconds or so until you feel a tap to confirm the muting.
- Set the Prominent Haptic switch to On if you want Apple Watch to play a prominent haptic for common alerts.
- You want to switch to a new version of Apple Watch? Sell your old watch to iGotOffer for the best price. Free instant quote, free and fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell old Apple Watch for the best price.