After setting up Apple Watch as a remote for iTunes (see How to Set Up Apple Watch as Remote for iTunes), you can use Apple Watch to control playback on iTunes. The Remote app enables users to control playback, moving forward and back as needed. Users can direct iTunes’ output to an AirPlay device on their wireless network. They can switch quickly from one iTunes library to another.
How to Control iTunes On Your Computer From Apple Watch
How to Open the Remote App
- Lift your wrist to wake Apple Watch.
- When the watch face appears, click the Digital Crown.
- On the Home screen, tap Remote, and the Remote app will open.
How to Connect to Library and Control Playback
- Tap the library to which you want to connect.
- When Apple Watch connects to the library and displays the current song, tap Play to play the song.
- When the song starts playing, turn the Digital Crown to change the volume.
- Tap Previous to go back to the beginning of the song. You can tap Previous again to go back to the beginning of the next song.
- Tap Quieter or tap Louder to reduce or increase the volume.
- Tap Next to make iTunes play the next song.
- Tap Pause to pause playback, and tap Play to restart playback.
How to Play iTunes Output to an AirPlay Device
- Force-touch the screen (with Apple Watch connected to the library).
- When the Options screen appears, tap AirPlay.
- On the AirPlay screen tap the AirPlay device you want to use, and Apple Watch will cause iTunes to switch its output to that device. The Now Playing screen appears again.
How to Switch Libraries
- Tap Back on the Now Playing screen.
- On the Devices screen that appears, tap the library to which you want to switch.
- Sell your used Apple Watch to iGotOffer now! We offer the highest price online for your used gadget! Check on our prices now. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.