After setting up Apple Watch as a remote for iTunes (see How to Set Up Apple Watch as Remote for iTunes), you can use Apple Watch to control playback on iTunes. The Remote app enables users to control playback, moving forward and back as needed. Users can direct iTunes’ output to an AirPlay device on their wireless network. They can switch quickly from one iTunes library to another.
How to Control iTunes On Your Computer From Apple Watch
How to Open the Remote App
- Lift your wrist to wake Apple Watch.
- When the watch face appears, click the Digital Crown.
- On the Home screen, tap Remote, and the Remote app will open.
How to Connect to Library and Control Playback
- Tap the library to which you want to connect.
- When Apple Watch connects to the library and displays the current song, tap Play to play the song.
- When the song starts playing, turn the Digital Crown to change the volume.
- Tap Previous to go back to the beginning of the song. You can tap Previous again to go back to the beginning of the next song.
- Tap Quieter or tap Louder to reduce or increase the volume.
- Tap Next to make iTunes play the next song.
- Tap Pause to pause playback, and tap Play to restart playback.
How to Play iTunes Output to an AirPlay Device
- Force-touch the screen (with Apple Watch connected to the library).
- When the Options screen appears, tap AirPlay.
- On the AirPlay screen tap the AirPlay device you want to use, and Apple Watch will cause iTunes to switch its output to that device. The Now Playing screen appears again.
How to Switch Libraries
- Tap Back on the Now Playing screen.
- On the Devices screen that appears, tap the library to which you want to switch.
A Few Words about iTunes
Apple Inc. developed iTunes is a media player, media library, online radio broadcaster, and mobile device management application. iTunes serves to download, play and organize digital downloads of music, video and other types of media available on the iTunes Store on personal computers running the macOS and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Through the iTunes Store, users can purchase and download music, television shows, audiobooks, podcasts, movies, and movie rentals in some countries, as well as ringtones, available on the iPhone and iPod Touch. Users can download from the App store application software for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. iTunes 12.2 added Apple Music to the application, along with the Beats 1 radio station. Introduced in September, iTunes 12.5 offers a refinement of the Apple Music interface.
In fact, iTunes is one of the best ways to organize and enjoy the music, movies and TV shows you already have — and shop for the ones the user wants to get. It’s home to Apple Music, which offers unlimited access to millions of songs, curated playlists and Beats 1 radio, hosted by Zane Lowe and a team of acclaimed DJs. Apple Music makes it easy to play the music you love and the music you’ll love next. Users can choose from millions of songs, including exclusive releases you can’t get anywhere else. So the user never has to miss a beat.
If we refer to iTunes history, we’ll say that SoundJam MP, developed by Bill Kincaid and released by Casady & Greene in 1998. Apple renamed the feature for iTunes after the company had purchased it in 2000. Jeff Robbin, Kincaid, and Dave Heller moved to Apple as part of the acquisition, where they continue to work as the software’s original developers. They simplified SoundJam’s user interface and added the ability to burn CDs. They also removed its recording feature and skin support. On January 9, 2001, Apple released iTunes 1.0 at Macworld San Francisco event.
- Sell your used Apple Watch to iGotOffer now! We offer the highest price online for your used gadget! Check on our prices now. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell my Apple Watch online now.
How to control music on Your Apple Watch. Video uploaded by PCMag on April 24, 2015. The Apple Watch can both store music and control the music on your phone. Here’s how to do that.