On Apple Watch, the Mail app enables users to keep up with their e-mail messages no matter where the users go. It is possible to configure settings on the Mail screen in the Apple Watch app on iPhone. You can either have Apple Watch mirror the settings you use on iPhone or choose custom settings for Apple Watch.
How to Configure the Mail App
- Press Home on iPhone to display the Home screen.
- On the Home screen, tap Apple Watch to display the Apple Watch app.
- Tap My Watch to open the My Watch screen.
- Tap Mail to display the Mail screen. A list will appears showing the settings Mail is picking up from iPhone.
Note that by default, Mail uses the Mirror My iPhone setting.
- To customize Mail settings, tap Custom. Otherwise choose mailboxes and configure message previews (see below how to choose mailboxes and configure message previews).
- When you tap Custom, the Alerts list appears.
- Set the Show Alerts switch to On to make Apple Watch display alerts for the accounts you choose.
- Tap the account you want to configure, and the configuration screen for the account will appear.
- Set the Show Alerts From switch to On in order to receive alerts for this account. The sound switch and the Haptic switch will appear.
- Set the Sound switch to On in order to receive sound notifications.
- Set the Haptic switch to on to receive notifications via vibration.
- Tap Mail, and the Mail screen will appear again.
If you have other accounts, tap every account you want to configure to receive notifications for each one.
- Tap VIPs to display the VIPs screen.
- Set the Show Alerts From switch to On to receive alerts for VIPs.
- Set the Sound switch to On to receive sound notifications.
- Set the Haptic switch to receive notifications via vibration.
- Tap Mail.
If the user decides to use custom settings for the Mail app on Apple Watch, he or she can choose whether to show alerts and the accounts for which to show them. For example, users may want alerts only for some e-mail accounts and for VIPs. It is possible to choose which mailboxes to include on Apple Watch, specify the message preview length and the flag style, control confirmation of deleting messages, and enable or disable organizing messages into threads.
To configure these settings:
- Tap Include Mail to display the Include Mail screen.
- Tap the mailbox you want to include. You can tap All Inboxes to include all your inboxes.
- To choose an individual mailbox within an e-mail account, tap the account name in the Accounts area to open the Account’s screen.
- Tap the mailbox you want to use.
- Tap Include Mail to display the Mail screen.
- Tap Message Preview to display the Message Preview screen.
- Tap None, 1 line or 2 lines to control how many lines of message preview appear.
- Tap Mail to display the Mail screen.
- Tap Flag Style to view the Flag Style.
- Tap Color or Shape to specify which style of flag to use.
- Tap Mail to display the Mail screen again.
Ask Before Deleting:
Why would you enable the Ask Before Deleting feature: This function is helpful if you manage your e-mail messages on Apple Watch in a busy or moving location, such as on public transit, that makes it easy to give the Delete command by accident.
- Set the Ask Before Deleting switch to On, if you want confirmation when deleting a message.
- Set the Organize By Thread switch to On if you want Mail to present related messages in a thread, or conversations, rather than separately.
Note : Which account and mailboxes should I use on Apple Watch? Just experiment with your mailboxes to find out what is most helpful for you. In fact your ability to read messages on Apple Watch is limited by the screen size. Thus you will likely want to include only your most important mailboxes and your VIPs rather than including all mailboxes.
- Sell Apple Watch 1st series to iGotOffert for cash! We pay the best price online for your old watch. Don’t wait more – sell used Apple Watch to iGotOffer.