On Apple Watch, you can remotely control Apple TV directly from your wrist. You can control playback on Apple TV, this set-top box for streaming video and audio. This functionality can be really great for enjoying these features. But before you can control playback on Apple TV, you must set up Apple Watch as a remote for Apple TV.
How to Set Up Apple Watch as a Remote of Apple TV
First, run the Remote App on Apple Watch and then enter a passcode in the Settings app on Apple TV.
- Lift your wrist to wake Apple Watch and the watch face will appear.
- Click the Digital Crown, to display the Home screen.
- Tap Remote to open the Remote app.
- Tap Add Device, and the Passcode screen will open, showing the passcode you need to enter on Apple TV to set up Apple Watch as a remote.
- Select Settings on the Apple TV main menus, and the Settings screen will open.
- On the Settings screen, select General.
- On the General screen, select Remotes, and the Remotes screen will appear.
- In the iOS Remotes list, select the item for Apple Watch. It will show the name you have assigned to Apple Watch. The Add screen will appear, also showing the name assigned to Apple Watch.
- Now select Done, and the Remote screen will appear again, showing Apple Watch set up as a remote for Apple TV.
- Now you can use Apple Watch to control Apple TV.
How to Stop Apple Watch From Being Remote for Apple TV
- To stop Apple Watch from being a remote for Apple TV, select Settings on the Apple TV main menu.
- On the Settings screen, select General to display the General screen.
- Then select Remotes to display the Remotes screen.
- When the iOS Remotes list appears, select the listing for Apple Watch to display the Remotes screen.
- Select Remove to remove Apple Watch as a remote.
- You want to switch to a new Apple Watch series? We help you save money for your new purchase. iGotOffer pays the best price online for your used consumer electronics. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.