The Workout app helps you assess and log your workouts. This app enables you to specify the type of workout you are performing. Apple Watch thus translates your movements and heart rate into performance data. People can choose among various workouts, such as Elliptical, Outdoor Run, Stair Stepper. For each workout, you can set a goal (number of calories burned, the distance covered, the time spent). You can also leave the workout open-ended.
How to Use the Workout App
Launching the Workout App
- Lift your wrist and wake up Apple Watch to display the watch face.
- Click the Digital Crown to display the Home screen.
- Tap Workout, and the Workout app will open.
How to Select the Workout Type
- When the Workout app opens, your last workout appears at the top of the list.
- Turn the Digital Crown clockwise to view other workout types.
- Tap Other to perform a workout for which the app does not provide a button.
- Note that Apple Watch monitors your activity as well as it can, but if in doubt, the device awards the user the calorie equivalent of a brisk walk.
- Tap the workout you prefer to perform (our example will use Indoor Run).
- A screen will appear for setting the workout Indoor Run goal, the first screen shows a calorie goal.
How to Set Your Goal
- The types of goals available vary depending on the workouts (Stair Stepper and Elliptical do not have a distance goal).
- You can adjust the goal by tapping Increase or Decrease.
- Swipe left, and the screen appears for setting a time goal.
- You can adjust the goal for setting a time coal and adjust it the same way (by tapping Increase or Decrease).
- Swipe left. The screen will appear for setting a distance goal. Adjust the goal by tapping Increase or Decrease.
- Swipe left, and the screen appears for setting an open workout with no goal.
How to Perform the Workout
After you set you goal or choose Open, tap Start. The Workout app will display a Ready prompt. It counts down from 3, and plays a tone to prompt you to start. Now you can begin your workout. The Heart Rate screen will appear, as Apple Watch measures your heart rate.
- When your heart rate appears, swipe right.
- The calorie screen will appear.
- Swipe right again, and the Distance screen will appear (not all workout types show the Distance screen).
- Continue to swipe right, and the Speed screen will appear (not all workout types show the Speed screen).
- Swipe right again, and the Elapsed Time screen appears.
- Swipe right , and the Control screen appears.
- To pause the workout, tap Pause.
- To resume the workout, tap Resume.
- To end the workout, tap End.
How to Review Your Workout
- When you end the workout, the Summary screen will open.
- If you set a goal, the summary screen will show whether you met or exceeded the goal.
- Turn the Digital Crown clockwise to display the Active Calories readout, Resting Calories and Total Calories readout.
- Turn the Digital Crown yet further clockwise to view the Save button and the Discard button.
- Tap Discard to discard the Workout data if you do not want to keep that data.
- Tap Save, and the Workout app will save the details of your workout.
Tips For Your Workout
- Active calories are calories you burn by working out. Resting calories people burn simply through being alive. If you add calories and resting calories, it makes the total number of calories burned during the workout.
- Note that when working out, you might prefer to tighten the band to ensure that Apple Watch maintains tight contact with your wrist and does not slip around. This position helps the sensors to measure your heart rate as accurately as possible.
- If you are performing your workout, avoid taking off Apple Watch, because it locks automatically when you break skin contact with the sensors on the back. The Workout app pauses when Apple Watch locks. You must unlock the device and resume the workout manually to continue.
- Apple Watch’s calorie tracking seem fairly consistent. That means that if the Activity app shows you have increased your overall calorie burn by 10 percent, most likely you have in fact burned them. But the calorie figures are not precise, as the the calorie tracking is really hard, even though Apple is rather accurate in doing that. Experts recommend to take the figures as an indication of effort than as absolute truth.
- If your eyes are on a new watch and you look for good hands to adopt your used Apple Watch, contact us, and we’ll give you the best price online for your gadget: Sell Apple Watch now. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, top dollar cash, fast and secure payment for you used electronic device.
- Have you discovered the iGotOffer blog? It’s full of helpful personal articles and links leading to some of the world’s best-known resources about Apple products, news about consumer electronic market, its history and more. Reading our blog and our Apple Encyclopedia, you can gain valuable tips and information on many topics! Great advice is on its way to you!: iGotOffer Blog.
- Apple Watch and Workout App: Sedentary life is the plague of the modern world. No wonder we have to work out to make up for this morbid life style. And here a good reliable fitness tracker is what the doctor ordered…
Top 5 Workout Apps for the Apple Watch + MUST Have Accessory, video published on Mai 22, 2015