On Apple Watch, the motion and distance tracking are impressively accurate. Some users however prefer to calibrate these functions manually to ensure that they give the result the user expects. To calibrate these functions, users use Apple Watch and iPhone togother to monitor an outdoor workout in a location with cellular and GPS access. Several workouts can be calibrated and monitored for greater accuracy.
How to Turn On Location Services and Motion Calibration & Distance on iPhone
- Press Home on iPhone.
- When the Home screen appears, tap Settings.
- On the Settings screen, tap Privacy.
- On the Privacy screen, tap Location Services.
- When the Location Services screen appears, verify that the Location Services switch is set to On.
- Now swipe up do scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- Next tap System Services to display the System Services screen.
- Set the Motion Calibration & Distance Switch to On.
- Tap Back and the Location Services screen appears.
- Tap Privacy to display the Privacy screen.
- Tap Settings to display the Settings screen.
Perform a Running and Walking Workout with Apple Watch and iPhone
- First, attach the iPhone to your arm with an armband, or attach it to your waist with an waistband.
- Raise you wrist to wake Apple Watch and display the watch face.
- Click the Digital Crown to display the Home screen.
- Tap Workout to open the Workout app.
- Tap Outdoor Walk or Outdoor Run, as you prefer.
- Set up the workout you want to perform.
- Tap Start to start the workout. Now walk or run at your normal pace for the specified time.
Tips About Calibration
Perform the calibration when your iPhone has a cellular connection and can access GPS. If you prefer to exercise over different types of terrain and changing paces, you should repeat the calibration using different types and combinations of terrain and pace.
Don’t forget that if you reset Apple Watch or if you unpair it from iPhone, you’ll need to repeat the calibration process, as the calibration data stored on Apple Watch is not backed up to iPhone.
- Looking for a place where to sell your used Apple Watch? Don’t look anymore, you have come to the right place. IgotOffer.com buys your old gadgets for the highest price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.