The iMac Core 2 Duo 2.0 with 17” screen is almost identical to its predecessor – Mac G5/1.9 iSight. They share the design and even the weight and the dimensions. But the processor is entirely new. Apple replaced Power PC processors for the Intel ones, applying the innovating double-core architecture. This iMacs line-up is known as Intel Macs. The iMac “Core 2 Duo” 2.0 is the all-in-one desktop computer in a polycarbonate casing behind the 17” screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjusting hinge. The “Core 2 Duo” 2.0 17-inch features a 2.0GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo” processor (T7200), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 1 GB of RAM, a 160 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express), a built-in iSight webcam, a microphone and stereo speakers, as well as 2 Firewire “400” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and mini-DVI capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 17” screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones.
iMac Core 2 Duo 2.0 17-Inch
Introduced on: September 6, 2006.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (T7200) “Merom”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 1GB, DDR2 667MHz (2 x 512 MB installed in two slots).
- Video: 17″ TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 140° horizontal and 120° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express).
- Storage: 160 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11b/g, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.7 (8K1106).
- OS max. upgrade: 10.7.5.
- Dimensions: 16.9 x 16.8 x 6.8 inch.
- Weight: 15.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1208 (EMC 2114).
Apple Order number: MA590LL.
Discontinued: August 7, 2007.
- Some users reported they managed to install MacOS 10.11 El Capitan on this iMac. But keep in mind, that the desktop wasn’t meant for this and the responsibility for any malfunction is solely yours.
- Sell used iMac to iGotOffert for cash! We pay the best price online for your old devices. Don’t wait more – sell iMac to iGotOffer: Sell old iMac.