The iMac Core 2 Duo 2.0 Aluminum with 20-inch screen is an Intel Mac iteration. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in a glass and aluminum one-piece casing behind the 20” screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjusting hinge. The Core 2 Duo 2.0 20-inch Aluminum features a 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor (T7300), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 1 GB of RAM, a 250 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, ATI Radeon 2400 XT graphics with 128 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express), a built-in iSight webcam, a microphone and stereo speakers, as well as 1 Firewire “400”, 1 Firewire “800” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and mini-DVI capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 20” screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core 2 Duo” 2.0 Aluminum 20-inch is shipped with an ultra-thin aluminum Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.
iMac Core 2 Duo 2.0 Aluminium 20-Inch (Al)
Introduced on: August 7, 2007.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (T7300) “Merom-P”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 1GB, DDR2 667MHz (2 x 512 MB installed in two slots).
- Max. Ram: 6 GB (2+4).
- Video: 20″ TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 170° horizontal and 170° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 2400 XT graphics with 128 MB of GDDR3 SDRAM (PCI-Express).
- Storage: 250 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 400, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.10 (8R4031). OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x.
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 19.1 x 7.4 inch.
- Weight: 20 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1224 (EMC 2133).
Apple Order number: MA876LL.
Discontinued: April 28, 2008.
- In August 2007 the iMac went all aluminum, glass and plastic. It has one-piece body. You can find only one screw on the entire casing – that is at the bottom of the iMac for accessing the memory slots. The back cover is no longer removable.
- The 17” model is completely dropped from the lineup. The aluminum Apple Keyboard is 0.33 inches thick at the front edge and is specially designed to fit the desktop.
- Sell your used iMac online: We at iGotOffer.com pay the best price for your old iMacs.