The iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 with 17” screen is a build-to-order iMac model. It is identical to iMac G”Core 2 Duo” / 20 in everything but the processor. The iMac “Core 2 Duo” 2.16 is the all-in-one desktop computer in a polycarbonate casing behind the 17” screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjusting hinge. The “Core 2 Duo” 2.0 17-inch features a 2.16 GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo” processor (T7400), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 1 GB of RAM, a 160 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express), a built-in iSight webcam, a microphone and stereo speakers, as well as 2 Firewire “400” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and mini-DVI capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 17” screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones.
iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 17-Inch CTO/BTO
Introduced on: September 6, 2006.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (T7400) “Merom”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 1GB, DDR2 667MHz (2×512 MB installed in two slots).
- Video: 17″ TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 140° horizontal and 120° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express).
- Storage: 160 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11b/g, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.7 (8K1106).
- OS max. upgrade: 10.7.5.
- Dimensions: 16.9 x 16.8 x 6.8 inch.
- Weight: 15.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1208 (EMC 2114).
Apple Order number: configure-to-order.
Discontinued: August 7, 2007.
- Configure-to-order or build-to-order iMacs are customized Apple desktops. If you aren’t pleased with models available from the box, you can order one from Apple, specifying the hardware to meet your needs.
- Configure -to-order iMacs don’t have Apple Order number as such. They’re shipped from China in 3-4 days. Apple uses just-in-time manufacturing.
- The most popular configurations are pre-built and it takes just a few more touches to customize them.
- Sell your old iMac online to iGotOffer. Take a close look at the prices we offer, get the best quote online, free shipping, fast payment: Sell iMac.