The iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 with 20-inch screen is an Intel Mac with an entirely new processor. The iMac “Core 2 Duo” 2.16 20-Inch is the all-in-one desktop computer in a polycarbonate casing behind the 20-inch screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjusting hinge. The Core 2 Duo 2.16 20-inch features a 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor (T7400), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 1 GB of RAM, a 160 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express), a built-in iSight webcam, a microphone and stereo speakers, as well as 2 Firewire “400” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and mini-DVI capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 20” screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones.
iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 20-Inch
Introduced on: September 6, 2006.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (T7400) “Merom”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 1GB, DDR2 667MHz (2 x 512 MB installed in two slots).
- Video: 20″ TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 170° horizontal and 170° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 graphics with 128 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express).
- Storage: 160 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11b/g, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.4.7 (8K1106).
- OS max. upgrade: 10.7.5.
- Dimensions: 18.6 x 19.4 x 7.4 inch.
- Weight: 22 lb.
How to Set Up iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 20-Inch
Follow these steps to set up your iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 20-Inch:
- Pass the power cord through the hole in the stand and plug it into the power port on the back of your iMac.
- To access the Internet or a network, connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the iMac and the other end to a cable modem, DSL modem, or network. Important note: Your iMac also comes with AirPort Extreme technology for wireless networking.
- Connect the keyboard and mouse cables. If you purchased an Apple Wireless Keyboard and wireless Mighty Mouse with your iMac, follow the instructions that came with the keyboard and mouse to set them up.
- Press the power button to turn on your iMac.
- Use Setup Assistant: The first time you turn on your iMac, Setup Assistant starts. Setup Assistant helps you enter your Internet and email information and set up a user account on your iMac. If you already have a Mac, Setup Assistant can also help you automatically transfer files, applications, and other information from your previous Mac to your new iMac.
- The user can customize his or her desktop and set preferences they like. It is possible to quickly make the desktop look the way the user wants using System Preferences feature. To do this – choose Apple Menu to head for System Preferences from the menu bar. As you get to know your computer, explore System Preferences, your command center for most settings on your iMac. For more information, open Mac Help and search for System Preferences or for the specific preference you want to change.
How to Put the iMac to Sleep and Shut It Down
When you finish working with your iMac, you can either put it to sleep or shut it down.
To put Your iMac to Sleep: If you will be away from your iMac for less than a few days, put it to sleep. When your
iMac is in sleep, its screen is dark and a small white light below the lower-right corner of the display pulses. You can quickly wake your iMac and bypass the startup process.
To put your iMac to sleep, do one of the following:
- Choose Apple Menu to go to Sleep pane.
- Next press the power button on the back of your iMac.
- Choose Apple menu to go to System Preferences
- Once in System Preferences, click Energy Saver.
- Now set a sleep timer.
- Next press the Play/Pause button on your Apple Remote and hold it for 3 seconds.
- To wake your iMac from sleeping, press any key on the keyboard or any button on the Apple Remote. When your iMac wakes from sleep, your applications, documents, and computer settings will be exactly as you left them.
To shut down your iMaciMac Core 2 Duo / 2.16 20-Inch:
- If you won’t be using your iMac for more than a few days, shut it down. Choose Apple menu to go to Shut Down.
Important warning: Shut down your iMac before moving it. Moving your iMac while the hard disk is spinning can damage the hard disk, causing loss of data or the inability to start up from the hard disk.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1207 (EMC 2118).
Apple Order number: MA589LL.
Discontinued: August 7, 2007.
- Unlike the iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 with 17’’ screen this model is manufactured and available from the box.
- Want to sell your used iMac online? Can’t help but sell here for the highest price! Free instant Quote, free shipping, fast payment: iMac sale. Our service is great for those that don’t want to worry about seeing their devices stolen. We are great for people who value their time and prefer not to waste it. We at iGotOffer pay much more for the same device and in the same state than our competition.