The iMac Core 2 Duo 2.66 with 20 inches screen introduced in early 2008 is almost identical to the iMac Core 2 Duo Aluminum 20 inches. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in a glass and aluminum one-piece casing behind the 20 inches screen, mounted on an aluminum stand with an adjusting hinge. But the processor Intel Penryn is of a higher class. It got the fastest bus and the largest cache of the time. This mobile type processor is also more energy efficient than its Merom predecessor. The RAM speed had been also boosted up to 800 MHz. The Core 2 Duo 2.66 20-inches features a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor (E8335), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 2 GB of RAM, a 320 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO graphics with 256 MB of GDDR SDRAM (PCI-Express), a built-in iSight webcam, a microphone and stereo speakers, as well as 1 Firewire “400”, 1 Firewire “800” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and mini-DVI capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 20” screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core 2 Duo” 2.4 20-inch is shipped with an ultra-thin aluminum Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse.
iMac Core 2 Duo 2.66 20 Inches (Early 2008)
Introduced on: April 28, 2008.
- Codename: Intel Mac.
- Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (E8335) “Penryn”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 2 GB, DDR2 800 MHz (one slot free).
- Max. Ram: 6 GB (2+4).
- Video: 20-inches TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 170° horizontal and 170° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 2600 PRO graphics with 256 MB of GDDR3 SDRAM (PCI-Express).
- Storage: 320 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 500 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 400, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.5.2 (9C2028). OS max. upgrade: 10.11.x.
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 19.1 x 7.4 inch.
- Weight: 20 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1224 (EMC 2210).
Apple Order number: MB324LL/A.
Discontinued: March 3, 2009.
- The Penryn Intel processor got the fastest bus of the time – 1,066 MHz. The system bus plays the crucial role in communications between the processor and system memory, thus increasing everyday computing. While boosting the iMac performance due to fastest processor bus and enhancing the video quality, Apple hadn’t change the glossy screen. So, you may find it difficult to work with in a room with many wide windows.
- The screen glare remained the most discussed topic about this Apple machine. People suggested window blinds and polarizing film. Yet, this issue did nothing to avert the users from the desktop great performance.
- Want to switch to a new iDevice? Sell your used iMac to iGotOffer for the best price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast payment: Sell iMac.