The iMac Core 2 Duo / 3.06 with 27-inch screen introduced in late 2009 is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27-inch LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. It is almost identical to the iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06 21.5-inch in everything but the screen dimensions. The Core 2 Duo 3.06 27-inch (late 2009) features a 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor (E7600), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of memory shared with the system, or ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06 27-inch (late 2009) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse”, an aluminum remote control is optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac Core 2 Duo / 3.06/ 3.06 27-Inch (Late 2009)
Introduced on: October 20, 2009.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (E7600) “Wolfdale-3M”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 4 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 2560 x 1440 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of memory shared with the system.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.1 (10A2155).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Weight: 30.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price.
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2309).
Apple Order number: MB952LL/A.
Discontinued: July 27, 2010.
- The Unibody iMac of later 2009 got a SD memory card reader. SD stands for Secure Digital, it’s a non-volatile memory used in portable devices such as photo and videocams, cell phones and laptops. Though the SD card was introduced in 1999 it took a card reader ten years to appear on iMacs.
- Switching to a new iMac or another device? Sell your old model to iGotOffer for the best price online: Sell iMac now.