The iMac Core 2 Duo 3.33 with 27” screen is a configured-to-order iteration of the iMax “Core 2 Duo” 3.06 27-inch introduced in late 2009. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. It is almost identical to the iMac “Core 2 Duo” 3.33 21.5” in everything but the screen dimensions. The “Core 2 Duo” 3.33 27” (late 2009) features a 3.33GHz Intel “Core 2 Duo” processor (E8600), with two independent processor “cores” on a single silicon chip, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of memory shared with the system, or ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core 2 Duo” 3.3327” (late 2009) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse”, an aluminum remote control is optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac Core 2 Duo / 3.33 27-Inch (Late 2009) BTO/CTO
Introduced on: October 20, 2009.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 3.33GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core 2 Duo (E8600) “Wolfdale-3M”.
- Processor upgrade: ZIF Socket.
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 4 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 2560×1440 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640×480 resolution.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of memory shared with the system.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.1 (10A2155).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Weight: 30.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2309).
Apple Order number: BTO/CTO.
Discontinued: July 27, 2010.
- The Core 2 Duo 8600 Wolfdale was the only option to replace the Core 2 Duo 7600. Though it’s speed is higher, the cache capacity is the same, it is equally incapable of hyper-threading and date encrypting.
- The remarkable thing about this built-to-order model is that the RAM capacity remained the default one – 4 GB.
- Trade in old iMac for fast cash: Sell iMac for top cash, free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast payment.