The iMac Core i3 / 3.06 with 21.5” screen introduced in mid-2010 is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5” LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The “Core i3” 3.06 21.5” (mid-2010) features a dual core 3.06 GHz Intel “Core i3 I3-540” processor (Clarkdale), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, 4 GB of RAM, 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, an SD memory slot card reader, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 21.5” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core i3” 3.06 21.5” (mid-2010) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac “Core i3” / 3.06 21.5-Inch (Mid-2010)
Introduced on: July 27, 2010.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i3 (I3-540) ” Clarkdale “.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1156 (Socket H).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.3 (10D2322a).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 17.75 x 20.8 x 7.42 inch.
- Weight: 20.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1311 (EMC 2389).
Apple Order number: MC508LL/A.
Discontinued: May 3, 2011.
- After quad core Core i7 processor installing the dual core Core i3 seemed to be a downgrade. Yet the new chip sported the innovating DMI system bus to increase the data exchange between bridges. The feature greatly increases the performance of the motherboard and its components.
- DMI is the Intel proprietary technology. In 2009 Inter refused to license DMI for Nvidia corporation and Nvidia could no more make chips for Intel.
- Recycle your old iMac, trade it in for fast cash at iGotOffer: We buy old consumer electronics for the highest price online: Sell your iMac now!