The iMac (21.5-inch, 3.06GHz Intel Core i3, Mid 2010) introduced in Mid 2010 is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5-inch LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac (21.5-inch, 3.06GHz Intel Core i3, Mid 2010) features a dual core 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 I3-540 processor (Clarkdale), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, 4 GB of RAM, 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL Super Drive, an SD memory slot card reader, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 21.5-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (21.5-inch, 3.06GHz Intel Core i3, Mid 2010) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac (21.5-inch, 3.06GHz Intel Core i3, Mid 2010)
- Introduced on July 27, 2010.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i3 (I3-540) ” Clarkdale “.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1156 (Socket H).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.3 (10D2322a).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 17.75 x 20.8 x 7.42 inch.
- Weight: 20.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1311 (EMC 2389).
Apple Order number: MC508LL/A.
Discontinued: May 3, 2011.
- After quad core Core i7 processor installing the dual core Core i3 seemed to be a downgrade. Yet the new chip sported the innovating DMI system bus to increase the data exchange between bridges. The feature greatly increases the performance of the motherboard and its components.
- DMI is the Intel proprietary technology. In 2009 Inter refused to license DMI for Nvidia corporation and Nvidia could no more make chips for Intel.
- Recycle your old iMac, trade it in for fast cash at iGotOffer: We buy old consumer electronics for the highest price online: Sell your iMac now!