The iMac Core i3 / 3.2 with 21.5” screen introduced in mid-2010 is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5” LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The “Core i3” 3.2 21.5” (mid-2010) features a dual core 3.2 GHz Intel “Core i3 I3-550” processor (Clarkdale), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB or 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, an SD memory slot card reader, ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics with 512 MB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 21.5” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core i3” 3.2 21.5” (mid-2010) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac Core i3 / 3.2 21.5-Inch (Mid-2010)
Introduced on: July 27, 2010.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i3 (I3-550) ” Clarkdale “.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1156 (Socket H).
- Cores: 2.
- On-Board Ram: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.3 (10D2322a).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 17.75 x 20.8 x 7.42 inch.
- Weight: 20.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1311 (EMC 2389).
Apple Order number: MC509LL/A.
Discontinued: May 3, 2011.
- The Magic Trackpad is an Apple multi-touch trackpad. It is Bluetooth connected and runs on batteries. The Magic Trackpad lets a user scroll, rotate, scale, leaf documents and pictures on a desktop the way it is done on portable touch-screen Apple devices.
- The Magic Trackpad shares the Magic Mouse and Apple Keyboard design. It is made of aluminum and has a sleek, futuristic look.
- Tired of your old iMac model? Sell it to iGotOffer online and get the best price for your old device: Sell used iMac online now.