The iMac Core i3 / 3.3 with 21.5” screen (early 2013) is the education-only iteration of 2012 year iMacs. Its design is identical to the 2012 line-up: the all-in-one desktop computer in an even slimmer all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5” LED-backlit IPS screen with cover glass fully laminated to the LCD and anti-reflective coating. The body depth at its thinnest has 5 mm, though there’s a certain bulge in the center of the back panel. Yet the hardware installed is meagre at best. The low-class dual core “Core i3 I3-3225 (Ivy Bridge), the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 with shared memory to make up for the graphics card, 4 GB of RAM, a 500 GB (5400 RPM) hard drive. It also has two “Thunderbolt” ports, 4 USB 3.0 ports, AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. A non-wireless Apple Keyboard with a numeric keypad and a traditional Apple Mouse (rather than the Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad) come in a bundle.
iMac Core i3 / 3.3 21.5-Inch (Early 2013) EDU
Introduced on: March 5, 2013.
- Codename: Intel Mac Slim Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i3 (I3- Core i3″) “Ivy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1155 (Socket H2).
- Cores: 2.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 4 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz (no upgrade intended by Apple).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, anti-reflective coating.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU with shared memory.
- Storage: 500 GB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Fusion drive support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.8.2 (12C2037). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 17.7 x 20.8 x 6.9 inch.
- Weight: 12.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1418 (EMC 2545).
Apple Order number: ME699LL/A.
Discontinued: June 18, 2014.
- This iMac was introduced without any announcement or press release. It was meant for educational institutions only.
- Check on our prices. We buy old and used iMacs. iGotOffer.com, sell your iMac for the best price online: iMac sale. Check our prices and sell your used iMac now.