The iMac Core i5 / 2.5 with 21.5” screen got the brand new quad processor of the time – Intel Core-i5 Sandy Bridge. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5” LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The “Core i5” 2.5 21.5” (mid-2011) features a quad core 2.5 GHz Intel “Core i5 I5-2400S ” processor (Sandy Bridge), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, and an integrated graphics core, 4 GB of RAM, a 500GB GB (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, an SD memory slot card reader, AMD Radeon HD 6750 graphics with 512 MB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800”, 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and a “Thunderbolt” port. “Thunderbolt” port is a proprietal Apple port supporting the peripherals and a second display, since it is backwards compatible with a Mini DisplayPort. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 21.5” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core i5” I5-2400S” (mid-2011) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac Core i5 / 2.5 21.5-Inch (Mid-2011)
Introduced on: May 3, 2011.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5-2400S) “Sandy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1155 (Socket H2).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. RAM: 32 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750 graphics with 512 MB of shared memory.
- Storage: 500GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, 1 “Thunderbolt” port, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.6 (10J4026). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 17.75 x 20.8 x 7.42 inch.
- Average Weight: 20.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1311 (EMC 2428).
Apple Order Number: MC309LL/A.
Discontinued: October 23, 2012.
- Although the Core i5 I5-2400S processor (Sandy Bridge) has 4 cores, it is slower than its dual core predecessors due to the lower power consuming function.
- The S-letter in 2400S marks the mobile processor for laptops and portable devices. While only a couple of cores is loaded, the processor shows decent performance, but with all four cores under the load, the processor slows by half to decrease the cores temperature.
- Sell your used Apple device now! iGotOffer will buy your old consumer electronics for the highest price online: Sell my iMac for cash, free instant quote, free shipping, fast and secure payment.