The iMac Core i5 / 2.66 with 27” screen introduced in late 2009 is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The one thing to mark it out is the new quad core processor. The ” Core i5″ 2.66 27” (late 2009) features a quad core 2.66 GHz Intel “Core i5” I5-750 processor (Lynnfield/Nehalem), 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256 MB of memory shared with the system, or ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics with 512 MB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core 2 Duo” 2.66 27” (late 2009) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse”, an aluminum remote control is optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac “Core i5” / 2.66 27-Inch (Late 2009)
Introduced on: October 20, 2009.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 I5-750 (Lynnfield/Nehalem).
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1156 (Socket H).
- Cores: 4.
- On-Board Ram: 4 GB, DDR3 1066 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 32 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 2560 x 1440 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: Radeon HD 4850 graphics with 512 MB of memory shared with the system.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.2 (10C2234).
- OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Weight: 30.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2374).
Apple Order number: MB953LL/A.
Discontinued: July 27, 2010.
- The “Intel Core i5” processor of entirely new Lynnfield/Nehalem architecture has 4 cores with independent cache each and is capable to control energy consuming. Thus, it can shut down or ‘park’ inactive cores. You are to have Xcode Instruments.app installed to be able to do it under X OS.
- Time to sell your old iMac model? Do it now before the prices drop, we at iGotOffer buy used iMacs for the best price online: used iMac for sale.