The iMac Core i5 / 2.7 with 27” screen got the brand new quad processor of the time – Intel Core-i5 Sandy Bridge. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The “Core i5” 2.7 27” (mid-2011) features a quad core 2.7 GHz Intel “Core i5 I5-2500S ” processor (Sandy Bridge), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, and an integrated graphics core, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, an SD memory slot card reader, AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics with 512 MB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800”, 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and a “Thunderbolt” port. “Thunderbolt” port is a proprietal Apple port supporting the peripherals and a second display, since it is backwards compatible with a Mini DisplayPort. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core i5” I5-2500S” (mid-2011) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac Core i5 / 2.7 27-Inch (Mid-2011)
Introduced on: May 3, 2011.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5-2500S) “Sandy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1155 (Socket H2).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. RAM: 32 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics with 512 MB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, 1 “Thunderbolt” port, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.6 (10J4026). OS max. upgrade: current
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Average Weight: 30.5 lb
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2429).
Apple Order Number: MC813LL/A.
Discontinued: October 23, 2012.
- iMacs support external speakers, but a user can run into troubles with the system ‘seeing’ them. So, the best way out will be to look for Mac-compatible audio, manufactured by a number of third-party companies, including Alesis, Apogee Digital, MOTU, PreSonus, Roland.
- Where to sell my old iMac? – Well, don’t look anymore, we at iGotOffer buy even broken Apple devices for cash. Check on our prices: Sell iMac.