The iMac Core i5 / 2.9 with 27” screen (late 2012) got the next generation state of the art quad core processor – Intel Core-i5 Ivy Bridge. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an even slimmer all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS screen with cover glass fully laminated to the LCD and anti-reflective coating. The body depth at its thinnest has 5 mm, though there’s a certain bulge in the center of the back panel. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac “Core i5” 2.9 27” (late 2012) features a quad core 2.9 GHz Intel “Core i5 I5-3470S” processor (Ivy Bridge), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB (7200 RPM) hard drive or an optional 1TB Fusion drive, an SD memory slot card reader, Nvidia GeForce GT 660M graphics with 512 MB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a “Thunderbolt” port and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core i5” 2.9 27” (late 2012) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
iMac Core i5 / 2.9 27-Inch (Late 2012)
Introduced on: October 23, 2012.
- Codename: Intel Mac Slim Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.2 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5-3470S) “Ivy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1155 (Socket H2).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz (no upgrade intended by Apple).
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, anti-reflective coating.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: GeForce GT 650M graphics with 512 MB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB, 5400-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Fusion drive support: Yes.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.8.2 (12C3104). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 17.7 x 20.8 x 6.9 inch.
- Weight: 12.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1418 (EMC 2544).
Apple Order number: MD094LL/A.
Discontinued: September 24, 2013.
The laminated screen first used in late 2012 iMacs is the gapless screen. That means NO dust between the LCD screen and the glass, because there’s just no air for it. No air also means the picture won’t be distorted by reflections and gloss, so it will look brighter and have better contrast.
- Don’t throw away your old iMac. We at iGotOffer.com buy used iMacs for the best price online. Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast secure payment – iMac for sale, top dollar.