The iMac Core i5 3.1 with 21.5-inch screen Retina 4K introduced in October 13, 2015, is almost identical to the iMac Core i5 / 2.8 21.5-Inch (Late 2015). It has a quad processor of enhanced microarchitecture plus Retina 4k display, but neither Fusion Drive, nor an SSD storage. The design is similar to the iMacs of 2012.
iMac (21.5-inch Retina 4K, 3.1GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2015)
This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5-inch LED-backlit IPS screen with cover glass fully laminated to the LCD and anti-reflective coating. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac Core i5 3.1 21.5-inch (Retina, 4K, late 2015) features a dual core 3.1GHz Intel Core i5 I5-5675R processor (Broadwell), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1TB hard drive (5400 RPM), an SD memory slot card reader, an integrated Intel Iris Pro 6200 Graphics 6000 graphics with 1.7 GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt-2” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 21.5-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core i5 3.1 21.5-inch (Retina, 4K, late 2015) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
Introduced on: October 13, 2015.
- Codename: iMac with Retina Display.
- Processor Speed: 3.1GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.6 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5-5675R) “Broadwell”.
- Processor upgrade: Soldered.
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz, upgrade at time of order only.
- Max. Ram: 16 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:9 widescreen, 1920×1080 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 6200 graphics with 1.7 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB hard drive (5400 RPM).
- Fusion Drive: optional, built-to-order.
- SSD supported: “blade” type.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt-2” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.11 (15A2301). OS max. upgrade: 10.12 “Sierra”.
- Dimensions: 17.7 x 20.8 x 6.9 inch.
- Weight: 12.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1418 (EMC 2833).
Apple Order number: MK452LL/A.
|Model Number||A1418 (EMC 2833)|
|Family||21.5-inch Retina 4K, Late 2015|
|Dimensions||17.7 x 20.8 x 6.9 in|
|Processor||3.1Ghz Intel Core i5|
|Display Size||21.5 inches|
|See also||Sell your iMac (21.5-inch Retina 4K, 3.1Ghz Intel Core i5, Late 2015) online now|
- Apple registered “Retina” as a trademark in regard of computers and portable devices in 2012. Retina displays are produced by third-party companies: LG, Japan Display Inc. and Samsung.
- Sell previous generation iMac to iGotOffer for the best price: We at iGotOffer buy used iMacs for top dollar! Free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment.
Apple iMac 21.5-inch with Retina 4K display: Unboxing & Review [Video]
Published by DetroitBORG on October 16, 2015