The iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 3.5GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2014) introduced in October, 2014, has major improvements in display and storage. The quad core processor is again Intel Core-i5 Ivy Bridge with Haswell microarchitecture. The design is similar to the iMacs of 2012. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27-inch LED-backlit IPS widescreen Retina 5K display with the higher pixels’ density of 300 PPI. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge.
iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 3.5GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2014)
The iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 3.5GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2014) features a quad core 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 I5-4690 processor (Haswell), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1TB Fusion Drive (128 GB SSD plus 1 TB HDD), an SD memory slot card reader, an AMD Radeon R9 M290X graphics with 2 GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt-2” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 3.5GHz Intel Core i5, Late 2014) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
- Introduced on: October 16, 2014.
- Codename: iMac with Retina Display.
- Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 3.8 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i5 (I5-4690) “Haswell”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1150 (Socket H3).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz (4 GB x 2, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 32 GB.
- Video: Retina 5k 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:9 widescreen, 5120×2880 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: Radeon R9 M290X graphics with 2 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB, Fusion.
- SSD capacity: 128 GB.
- SSD supported: “blade” type.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt-2” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.10 (14A389). OS max. upgrade: 10.12 “Sierra”.
- Dimensions: 20.3 x 25.6 x 8 inch.
- Average Weight: 21 lb.
|Model Number||A1419 (EMC 2806)|
|Family||27-inch Retina 5K, Late 2014|
|Dimensions||20.3 x 25.6 x 8 in|
|Processor||3.5Ghz Intel Core i5|
|Display Size||27 inches|
|Storage||1TB Fusion HD|
|See also||Sell your iMac (27-inch Retina 5K, 3.5Ghz Intel Core i5, Late 2014) online now|
- Price: $2499.
- Discontinued: October 13, 2015.
- Retina is the Apple brand name for the displays of high resolution with higher pixels’ density. Yet, there’s no definite Retina standard. The density coefficient depends upon the dimensions of the display.
- The goal is to make pixels as less discernible by a naked eye as possible. Icons and interfaces are doubled in width and height to make up for the smaller pixels.
- Apple iMac Support: Manuals, User Guides, iOS and Apple Accessories Information
- How to Identify Your iMac – iGotOffer.com
- Trade in your old iMac for top cash: iGotOffer, best price online, fast and secure payment.
New iMac Retina 5K Display – Unboxing Late 2014: 27 Inch and Review [Video]
Video uploaded by iCrackUriDevice on October 17, 2014