The iMac Core i7 / 2.8 21.5-inch is originally the built-to-order iteration of the iMac Core i5 2.7 with 21.5-inch screen with the brand new quad processor of the time – Intel Core-i7 Sandy Bridge. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 21.5” LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The Core i7 2.8 21.5-inch (mid-2011) features a quad core 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 I7-2600S processor (Sandy Bridge), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, and an integrated graphics core, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL “Super Drive”, an SD memory slot card reader, AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics with 512 MB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800”, 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and a “Thunderbolt” port. “Thunderbolt” port is a proprietal Apple port supporting the peripherals and a second display, since it is backwards compatible with a Mini DisplayPort. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 21.5-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core i7 I7-2600S (mid-2011) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac Core i7 / 2.8 21.5-Inch (Mid-2011) BTO/CTO
Introduced on: May 3, 2011.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 (I7-2600S) “Sandy Bridge”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1155 (Socket H2).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free)
- Max. RAM: 32 GB.
- Video: 21.5″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 1920 x 1080 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics with 512 MB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- SSD supported: 2.5”.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, 1 “Thunderbolt” port, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.6 (10J4026). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 17.75 x 20.8 x 7.42 inch.
- AverageWeight: 20.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1311 (EMC 2428).
Apple Order Number: BTO/CTO.
Discontinued: October 23, 2012.
- Though, Thunderbolt hardware interface is associated with Apple Corporation, it was initially developed by Intel Silicon Photonics lab as Light Peak. Intel Light Peak was optical fiber but later it turned out the copper wiring could furnish 10 Gbit/s per channel at lower cost. The copper-based Thunderbolt ex-Light Peak was developed by Intel and Apple together.
- We can always trade in our used iMacs for cash at iGotOffer. iGotOffer buys even broken iMacs for top price! Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell iMac for top cash, check our prices now.