The iMac Core i7 / 2.93 27-Inch is originally the built-to-order iteration of the top iMac Core i5 2.8 with 27-inch screen introduced in mid-2010. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27-inch LED-backlit IPS screen, covered by an edge-to-edge front glass and mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The Core i7 2.93 27-inch (mid-2010) features a quad core 2.93GHz Intel Core i7 I7-870 processor (Lynnfield), with an innovating DMI system bus to connect the northbridge and the southbridge, 4 GB of RAM, a 1TB GB or 1TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading DVD+R DL Super Drive, an SD memory slot card reader, ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics with 1GB of shared memory, a built-in iSight webcam and stereo speakers, as well as a Firewire “800” and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It also has built-in draft and enabled AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet and Mini DisplayPort capable of supporting a second display. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27-inch screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac Core i5 2.8 27-inch (mid-2010) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and a new multi-touch “Magic Mouse” An aluminum remote control and a multi-touch Magic Trackpad are optional and available for an extra cost.
iMac Core i7 / 2.93 27-Inch (Mid-2010) BTO/CTO
Introduced on: July 27, 2010.
- Codename: Intel Mac Unibody.
- Processor Speed: 2.93GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 (I7-870) ” Lynnfield “.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1156 (Socket H).
- Cores: 4.
- On-Board RAM: 4 GB, DDR3 1333 MHz (one 2GB module per slot, two slots free).
- Max. RAM: 16 GB.
- Video: 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix LCD, 16:9 widescreen, 2560 x 1440 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 178° horizontal and 178° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics with 1GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1 TB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 hard drives.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 2.0, 1 Firewire 800, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X DVD+R DL “Super Drive”.
- Card reader: SD card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: X 10.6.3 (10D2322a). OS max. upgrade: current.
- Dimensions: 20.4 x 25.6 x 8.15 inch.
- Average Weight: 30.5 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1312 (EMC 2390).
Apple Order Number: BTO/CTO.
Discontinued: May 3, 2011.
- While ordering a BCO iMac a user can specify not only a processor’s speed but also a hard drive and RAM capacities as well. Yet, the top iMac configuration leaves little to be desired. Some even argue you’ll notice any difference between a regular top iMac and a BTO model.
- Sell Old iMac Now for the Best Price Online: Free instant quote, free fully insured shipping, fast and secure payment: Sell your iMac.