The iMac Core i7 / 4.0 is the built-to-order iteration of the iMac “Core i5” 3.5 with 27” (late 2014) but with the top-class quad core processor Intel Core-i7 4790K with Haswell microarchitecture. The design is similar to the iMacs of 2012. This is the all-in-one desktop computer in an ultra-thin (5 mm depth at the edges) all-aluminum unibody casing behind the 27” LED-backlit IPS widescreen Retina 5K display with the higher pixels’ density of 300 PPI. There’s a bulge though in the center of the back panel to house all the hardware. The computer is mounted on an aluminum stand with a slightly tapered foot and an adjusting hinge. The iMac “Core i7” 4.0 27” (late 2014) features a quad core 3.5 GHz Intel “Core i5 I5- 4690” processor (Haswell), with four independent processor cores on a single chip, DMI system bus and an integrated graphics core, 8 GB of RAM, a 1TB Fusion Drive (128 GB SSD plus 1 TB HDD), an SD memory slot card reader, an AMD Radeon R9 M290X graphics with 2 GB of shared memory, a built-in FaceTime HD webcam and stereo speakers, as well as two “Thunderbolt-2” ports and 4 USB 3.0 ports. It also has built-in AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth 4.0. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 27” screen for the clearer less distorted sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac “Core i7” 4.0 27” (late 2014) is shipped with a compact aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard and either with a “Magic Mouse” or a traditional wired Apple Mouse or a multi-touch Magic Trackpad.
iMac Core i7 / 4.0 27-Inch (5K, Late 2014) BTO/CTO
Introduced on: October 16, 2014.
- Codename: iMac with Retina Display.
- Processor Speed: 4.0 GHz.
- Boost Speed: 4.4 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: Core i7 (I7- 4790K) “Haswell”.
- Processor upgrade: LGA 1150 (Socket H3).
- Cores: 4.
- Graphics core: Yes.
- On-Board Ram: 8 GB, DDR3 1600 MHz (4 GB x 2, two slots free).
- Max. Ram: 32 GB.
- Video: Retina 5k 27″ LED-backlit TFT active matrix IPS, 16:9 widescreen, 5120×2880 pixels max resolution.
- Webcam: FaceTime HD camera 720p, 0.9 MP, 1280 x 720 resolution.
- Graphics: Radeon R9 M290X graphics with 2 GB of shared memory.
- Storage: 1TB, Fusion.
- SSD capacity: 128 GB.
- SSD supported: “blade” type.
- Input\Output: 4x USB 3.0, 2 “Thunderbolt-2” ports, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, FaceTime HD webcam, SD card reader, Kensington Lock slot.
- Optical drive: None.
- Card reader: SDXC card.
- Card format: SDXC.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11 a/b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.10 (14A389). OS max. upgrade: 10.12 “Sierra”.
- Dimensions: 20.3 x 25.6 x 8 inch.
- Average Weight: 21 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1419 (EMC 2806).
Apple Order number: BTO/CTO.
Discontinued: October 13, 2015.
- K in the processor specs means the processor is designed for overclocking. See details in our Guide.
- Want to buy a new machine powerful enough to handle your tasks? Save money by selling your old iMac to iGotOffer! Best price online on the market! Check on our prices.