The iMac G3 Revision C differs from the Revision B in processor speed (boosted up to 266 Hz) and in hardware options. It had lost the mezzanine slot and the IrDA port. So on a bright side, the price was reduced. The design remained the same but five more “fruit” colors were added: Blueberry, Strawberry, Grape, Lime, Tangerine.
iMac G3 266 Hz Revision C 1999
Introduced on: January 5, 1999.
- Code name: “Life Savers”.
- Processor Speed: 266 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC 750 “G3”.
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 32 MB, expandable to 512 MB (128 MB supported by Apple).
- Video: 15-inch (13.8-inch viewable) shadow-mask CRT screen with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Rage Pro Turbo graphics with 6 MB of VRAM.
- Storage: 6 GB, 5400-rpm ATA-3 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 1.1, 2x Headphone mini-jacks, analog audio input mini-jack, built-in stereo speakers.
- Optical drive: 24x CD-ROM.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k modem 4 Mbit/s, IrDA.
- Preinstalled OS: 8.1. OS max. upgrade: 10.3.9, 10.3.5.
- Dimensions: 15.8 x 15.2 x 17.6 inch.
- Weight: 38.1 lb.
- Colors: Blueberry, Strawberry, Grape, Lime, Tangerine.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order number: M4984 (EMC None).
Model No: M7345LL/A – blueberry, M7389LL/A – strawberry, M7390LL/A – grape, M7391LL/A – tangerine, M7392LL/A – lime.
Discontinued: April 14, 1999.
- The iMac is not DIY upgrade-friendly. The upgrade is left to Apple engineers and any upgrade means a new revision of the same iMac whether it features a video card, a larger hard drive or more RAM on-board. So, save for the above mentioned parts the hardware remained the same.
- This version lasted not more than 3 months and 7 days, the record for the company.
- Before you sell old iMac iMac G3: Reformat your hard drive. To do this, turn on or restart your iMac while holding down the command and R keys. Hold both the keys down until you see the Apple logo. A window will appear next that says “OS X Utilities.” Click on the Disk Utility icon and then click Continue. Now select your startup disk from the sidebar on the left then click the Erase… tab. Make sure “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” is selected in the Format popup menu. Give your startup drive a name if you prefer. Click the Erase button. After it’s done, click the Disk Utility menu and select Quit. Your old iMac now has a completely blank hard drive.
- Anyway, if you decide to sell Macs in New York City, Los Angeles, or anywhere else in the United States we at iGotOffer.com can reformat your hard drive. Your data is safe with us.
- Sell your old iMac to iGotOffer, don’t wait ! We pay the best price on online market: Sell iMac online