The iMac G3 Slot-Loading 350 Hz Indigo was introduced in summer o 2000 year with slightly larger 7 GB hard drive and better video processor. The body color had been changed from Blueberry to Indigo. The desktop had also lost the AirPort internal support and the puck-round mouse. This was replace by the Apple Pro Mouse. Apart from this, the iMack G3 Indigo is identical to iMac G3 slot-loading revision A, but was available at a much lower price $799.
iMac G3 Slot-Loading 350 Hz Indigo (Summer 2000)
Introduced on: July 19, 2000.
- Code name: “Kihei, P7”.
- Processor Speed: 350 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC 750 “G3”.
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 64 MB or 128 MB (Expandable to 1 GB (512 MB supported by Apple).
- Video: 15-inch (13.8-inch viewable) shadow-mask CRT screen with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Rage 128 Pro with 8 MB of SDRAM.
- Storage: 7 GB, 5400-rpm ATA-3 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 1.1, 2x Headphone mini-jacks. Analog audio input mini-jack. Built-in stereo speakers.
- Optical drive: 24x CD-ROM.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort 802.11b (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k modem 4 Mbit/s, IrDA.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 8.1. OS max. upgrade: 10.3.9, 10.4.11.
- Dimensions: 15.0 x 15.0 x 17 inch.
- Weight: 34.7 lb.
- Colors: Indigo.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M5521 (EMC 1857). Apple Order number: M7667LL/A.
Discontinued: February 22, 2001.
- In 2008, 7 years following the discontinuation, it took less than a minute for the iMac G3 Indigo to boot the Tiger OS. An incredible result for the hardware that old. The desktop in question could run iTunes, casual games, Google Earth and could web-serf, supporting flash.
- To sell your old iMac for the best price online : We Buy Old iMacs!