The DV in iMac G3 DV stands for Digital Video. With emphasis on home video editing, the iMac G3 slot-loading has got a more powerful 400 Hz processor, a VGA-port, a larger 10 GB hard drive, a DVD-ROM slot loading drive and two FireWire 400 ports. The in iMac G3 DV supports an optional AirPort but in all the other aspects its hardware is identical to the Revision A. For example, not only system bus and hard drive ATA standard remained the same, but also a video processor, so in video editing a user should rely on the central processor performance only. This iMac also sports the fanless cooling system that makes its operation almost silent. The iMac G3 DV is available in five “fruit” colors as the previous iMac G3 tray-loading. They are: Blueberry, Strawberry, Grage, Orange and Tangerine.
iMac G3 Slot-Loading DV 400 Hz Revision B 1999
Introduced on: October 5, 1999.
- Processor Speed: 400 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC 750 “G3”.
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 64 MB or 128 MB (Expandable to 1 GB (512 MB supported by Apple).
- Video: 15-inch (13.8-inch viewable) shadow-mask CRT screen with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Rage 128 VR with 8 MB of SDRAM.
- Storage: 10 GB, 5400-rpm ATA-3 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 1.1, 2x FireWire 400 2x Headphone mini-jacks, Analog audio input mini-jack, Built-in stereo speakers.
- Optical drive: 4x DVD-ROM.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort 802.11b (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T. Ethernet, 56k modem 4 Mbit/s, IrDA.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 9.0.4. OS max. upgrade: 10.3.9, 10.3.5.
- Dimensions: 15.0 x 15.0 x 17.1 inch.
- Weight: 34.7 lb.
- Colors: Blueberry, Strawberry, Grage, Orange, Tangerine.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M5521 (EMC 1821). Apple Order number: M7493LL/A – blueberry, M7673LL/A – strawberry, M7672LL/A – grape, M7671LL/A – tangerine, M7674LL/A – lime.
Discontinued: July 19, 2000.
- With FireWire ports, the iMacs G3 can support external hard-drives, such as Apple iBooks. This make them a stylish and slightly vintage choice for a home desktop or server. If you don’t want to mess up with external wires, the desktop can support up to 128 GB of internal hard-drive, though in this case you have to use iCloud for extra storage.
- The slot-loading models were given the Apple Pro Mouse to replace the round-puck modification.
- To reinstall OS On Your iMac: If for some reason you need to reinstall OS X so your iMac will actually be able to work, go to OS X Utilities window, select Reinstall OS X and click Continue. Then follow the instructions on the screen. It’s easy but it takes some time, so be patient.
- A few words about iMac versions: Let’s remind you that the first iMac G3 had an egg-shaped look. It had a colored plastic case. The iMac G4’s design presented a hemispherical base and an LCD monitor. The next models, that’s the iMac G5 and the Intel iMac, had the components placed behind the display on a metal base. A slim and unified design was thus born. Later models are thinner; besides, they use anodized aluminum and a glass panel over the front. In 2012, a new model is still thinner. This version of the iMac was released in November 2012 (The iMac 27-inch version was released one month later). These versions were refreshed once year later, as they were equipped with new Haswell processors, faster graphics and other options.
- To sell your old iMac fast for the best price online: We buy old iMacs for the highest price!