The iMac G3 Slot-Loading DV+ 450 Hz, just another member of the “Summer Series”, doubled the hard disk storage capacity to 20 GB and switched back to 4X DVD-ROM. It has got a 450 Hz processor, a VGA-port, a larger 20 GB hard drive, an ATI Rage 128 Pro video card, two FireWire 400 ports and the fanless cooling system. This model is available not only in Ruby and Indigo, but also in Sage color. In every other detail it is similar to the iMac G3/400 DV (Summer 2000 – Indigo/Ruby)
iMac G3 Slot-Loading DV+ 450 Hz (Summer 2000)
Introduced on: July 19, 2000.
- Processor Speed: 450 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC 750 “G3”.
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 64 MB or 128 MB (Expandable to 1 GB (512 MB supported by Apple).
- Video: 15-inch (13.8-inch viewable) shadow-mask CRT screen with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Rage 128 Pro with 8 MB of VRAM.
- Storage: 20 GB, 5400-rpm ATA-3 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 1.1, 2x FireWire 400 2x Headphone mini-jacks. Analog audio input mini-jack. Built-in stereo speakers.
- Optical drive: 4X DVD-ROM.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort 802.11b (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k modem 4 Mbit/s, IrDA.
- Preinstalled OS: 9.0.4. OS max. upgrade: 10.4.11.
- Dimensions: 15.0 x 15.0 x 17.1 inch
- Weight: 34.7 lb.
- Colors: Ruby, Indigo, Sage
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M5521 (EMC 1857).
Apple Order number: M7647LL/A – Indigo, M7652LL/A– Ruby, M7676LL/A – Sage.
Discontinued: February 22, 2001.
- The processor speed in Summer Series iMacs G3 was being increased with 50 Hz increment. Not a spectacular digit nowadays, in multi-cored processors era, but back then it helps to boost the performance a lot.
- The Summer Series iMacs G3 booted with a special tune you can find on Youtube.
- Sell this iMac or any other iMac for fast cash: We Buy iMacs for the best price online!