The iMac G3/500 in Indigo and Snow was released in summer of 2001 with almost the same technical speciifcations as the iMac G3/500 at the beginning of the year. It features 500 MHz PowerPC 750cx (G3) processor with a 256k on-chip level 2 cache, 64 MB of RAM, a 20.0 GB Ultra ATA hard drive, a slot loading 24X CD-ROM or 8X/4X/24X CD-RW drive, ATI Rage 128 Ultra (AGP 2X) graphics with 16 MB of VRAM and Firewire “400” ports not to mention the in-built speakers, a 15-inch CRT display and AirPort support.
iMac G3/500 (Summer 2001 – Indigo/Snow)
Introduced on: July 18, 2001 / October 1, 2001.
- Code name: “Kiva”.
- Processor Speed: 500 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC 750cx Sidewinder “G3”.
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 64 MB or 128 MB (Expandable to 1 GB (512 MB supported by Apple).
- Video: 15-inch (13.8-inch viewable) shadow-mask CRT screen with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Rage 128 Ultra (AGP 2X) video with 16 MB of VRAM.
- Storage: 20 GB, 5400-rpm ATA-3 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 1.1, 2x FireWire 400 2x Headphone mini-jacks, Analog audio input mini-jack, Built-in stereo speakers.
- Optical drive: 4X/8X/24X CD-RW.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort 802.11b (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k modem 4 Mbit/s.
- Preinstalled OS: 9.1 / 10.0.4ю OS max. upgrade: 10.4.11.
- Dimensions: 15.0 x 15.0 x 17.1 inch.
- Weight: 34.7 lb.
- Colors: Indigo, Snow.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M5521 (EMC 1857).
Apple Order number: M8582LL/A – Indigo, M8490LL/A – Snow.
Discontinued: January 7, 2002 (basic configuration), March 18, 2003 (low-end configuraiton).
Price: $799, $999.
- There are three configurations of the iMac G3/500 (Summer 2001 – Indigo/Snow) model. The low-end model introduced on October 1, 2001 has only 64 MB of RAM and a 24X CD-ROM and was available only in Indigo for $799. But it survived the discontinuation of top models and got its RAM upgraded up to 128 MB as well as the OS (up to MacOS 10.2).
- The original model, opening the line-up on July 18, 2001, has 128 MB of RAM and an 8X/4X/24X CD-RW drive and sold for US$999.
Where to sell my old iMac? – Here is the answer – Get the best quote from iGotOffer!