The iMac G3/600 released in summer 2001 doubles the hard disk storage capacity up to 40 GB and got the fastest processor of 7xx family – 600 Hz. So, the iMac G3/600 features a 600 MHz PowerPC 750cx (G3) processor with a 256k on-chip level 2 cache, 256 MB of RAM, a 40.0 GB Ultra ATA hard drive, a slot loading 8X/4X/24X CD-RW drive, ATI Rage 128 Ultra (AGP 2X) graphics with 16 MB of VRAM and Firewire “400” ports as well as the in-built speakers, a 15-inch CRT display and AirPort support. The iMac G3/500 is available in two crisp colors: Graphite and Snow.
iMac G3/600 (Summer 2001 Graphite/Snow)
Introduced on: July 18, 2001.
- Code name: “Kiva”.
- Processor Speed: 600 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC 750cx Sidewinder “G3”.
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 256 MB (Expandable to 1 GB (512 MB supported by Apple).
- Video: 15-inch (13.8-inch viewable) shadow-mask CRT screen with 1024 x 768 pixel resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Rage 128 Ultra (AGP 2X) video with 16 MB of VRAM.
- Storage: 40 GB, 5400-rpm ATA-3 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 2x USB 1.1, 2x FireWire 400 2x Headphone mini-jacks, Analog audio input mini-jack, Built-in stereo speakers.
- Optical drive: 4X/8X/24X CD-RW.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort 802.11b (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k modem 4 Mbit/s.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 9.1, 10.2 since January 7, 2001. OS max. upgrade: 10.4.11.
- Dimensions: 15.0 x 15.0 x 17.1 inch.
- Weight: 34.7 lb.
- Colors: Graphite, Snow.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M5521 (EMC 1857).
Apple Order Number: M8492LL/A – Graphite, M8546LL/A – Snow.
Discontinued: March 18, 2003.
Price: $1199, $999.
- At the beginning of January, 2002, the price plummeted from US$1299 to US$999 with MacOS X 10.2 as the default operating system, although MacOS 9 also was pre-installed.
- Sell you iMac Now For the Best Price: Instant Quote, Free Shipping, Best Payment! : Sell iMac online.