The iMac G4/1.0 has its hardware housed in a hemisphere about 10 inches high, while the 15” flat panel TFT monitor tops it on an adjustable steel arm. The iMac G4/800 features a 1.0 GHz PowerPC 7445 (G4) processor with the AltiVec “Velocity Engine” vector processing unit, 256 MB of RAM (PC133 SDRAM), a 80.0 GB Ultra ATA/66 hard drive (7200 RPM), a tray-loading 4X “Super Drive”, and NVIDIA GeForce4 MX graphics with 64 MB of DDR SDRAM (AGP 2X support). The fanless cooling is replaced with an internal fan. The internal speakers are swapped for the external optional ones. The model was available with Apple Keyboard and Apple Mouse. The pre-installed OS is MacOS X 10.2.3.
iMac G4/1.0 17 inch (Flat Panel 2003)
Introduced on: February 4, 2003.
- Processor Speed: 800 MHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC “Apollo 6” G4 (7445).
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 256 MB.
- Video: 17” TFT LCD, 1024 × 768 pixels resolution, viewing angle: 120° horizontal and 90° degrees vertical.
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 2 MX with 32 MB of DDR SDRAM.
- Storage: 80 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 1.1, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, audio out, Apple Pro Speakers mini-jack, Mini-VGA video out.
- Optical drive: 32X “Combo” drive.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 11 Mbit/s AirPort Extreme 802.11b\ 802.11g (adapter required), 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet, 56k V.90 modem 4 Mbit/s.
- OS: Preinstalled OS: 10.2 “Jaguar”. OS max. upgrade: 10.5 “Leopard”.
- Dimensions: 13.03 x 16.7 x 10.6 inch maximum.
- Weight: 22.8 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Model No: M6498 (EMC 1956).
Apple Order number: M8935LL/A.
Discontinued: September 8, 2003.
- Users reported some problems with external AirPort Extreme, for it couldn’t find linksys.
- Trade-in used iMac at iGotOffer.com: Best Price, Instant Free Quote, Free and Fully Insured Shipping. Fast Payment: iMac for sale.