The iMac G4/1.25 20-inch “FP” has its hardware housed in a hemisphere about 10 inches high, while the 20” flat panel TFT monitor tops it on an adjustable steel arm. Due to the largest screen in the line-up the base hemisphere is made a bit heavier to counterbalance it. The iMac 4G “FP” with 20” monitor shares the hardware with the iMac G4/1.25 15” features a 1680 x 1050 TFT display, a 1.25 GHz PowerPC 7445 (G4) processor with the AltiVec “Velocity Engine” vector processing unit, 256 MB of RAM (PC133 SDRAM), an 80.0 GB Ultra ATA/66 hard drive (7200 RPM), a tray-loading 4X “SuperDrive”, and NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra graphics with 64 MB of DDR SDRAM (AGP 4X support). The fanless cooling is replaced with an internal fan. The internal speakers are swapped for the external optional ones. The model was available with Apple Keyboard and Apple Mouse.
iMac G4/1.25 20-Inch “FP” (USB 2.0)
Introduced on: November 18, 2003.
- Processor Speed: 1.25 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 32-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC “Apollo 6” G4 (7445).
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 256 MB.
- Video: 20″ TFT LCD, 1680 x 1050 pixels resolution, viewing angle: 120° horizontal and 90° degrees vertical.
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra with 64 MB of DDR SDRAM.
- Storage: 80 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, audio out, Apple Pro Speakers mini-jack, Mini-VGA video out.
- Optical drive: 4X “SuperDrive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Optional 54 Mbit/s AirPort Extreme 802.11b/g, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX Ethernet, 56k V.92 modem, Optional Bluetooth 1.1.
- OX: Preinstalled OS: 10.2.3. OS max. upgrade: 10.5.8.
- Dimensions: 13.03 x 16.7 x 10.6 inch maximum.
- Weight: 22.8 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1065 (EMC 1992).
Apple Order number: M9290LL/A.
Discontinued: July 1, 2004.
- “SuperDrive” is an Apple trademark for their drives. The “SuperDrive” supports all formats of CDs and DVDs (DVD±R, DVD±R DL, DVD±RW, CD-R, and CD-RW).
- In spite of the moniker “Ultra” in the title, the nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra video card is slower in performance than the GeForce 4th family cards. But then, iMacs were never about gaming.
Asking yourself “where can I sell my old iPad?” – don’t look anymore, iGotOffer buys your old and used idevices for the highest price online. Free instant quote, fast cash, free fully insured shipping: Sell used iMac for top cash.