The iMac G5/2.1 iSight 20-inches is a top iMac G5 model with a built-in iSight webcam for web conferences and the largest TFT display. The iMac G5/2.1 iSight is the all-in-one desktop computer in a polycarbonate casing behind the 20” screen, mounted on an aluminum stand. The casing is half an inch thinner and 15% lighter than previous iMac G5 models. The iMac G5/2.1 iSight can also be mounted on a wall or kiosk, for the casing meets the VESA standards. The ambient light sensor installed in the edge of the screen dims the sleep indicator light. The iMac G5/2.1 20-inch (iSight) features a 1.9 GHz PowerPC 970 fx (G5) processor with an optimized AltiVec “Velocity Engine” vector processing unit and the fastest front bus (700MHz), 512 MB of SDRAM, a 250 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM), a slot-loading 8X “Super Drive”, ATI Radeon X600 XT graphics with 128 MB of DDR SDRAM (PCI-Express), an ambient light sensor and built-in stereo speakers, as well as 2 Firewire “400” and 3 USB 2.0 ports. It also supports AirPort Extreme (802.11g) and Bluetooth, but the cards are optional and installed at the factory. The cooling system is CPU controlled and the in-built speakers are mounted beneath the 17” screen for the sound to bounce off the desk or other surface. The speakers’ grills also work as the vent ones. The iMac G5/1.8 is shipped with Apple Mighty Mouse and Apple Remote from the box.
iMac G5/2.1 20-Inch (iSight)
Introduced on: October 12, 2005.
- Codename: “Q87”.
- Processor Speed: 2.1 GHz.
- Processor Architecture: 64-bit.
- Processor type: PowerPC G5 970fx (POWER4).
- Processor upgrade: soldered.
- Cores: 1.
- On-Board Ram: 512 MB, DDR2 533MHz.
- Video: 20″ TFT active matrix LCD, 1440 x 900/1680 x 1050 pixels max resolution, viewing angle: 170° horizontal and 170° degrees vertical.
- Webcam: iSight Camera, 0.3 MP, 640 x 480 resolution.
- Graphics: ATI Radeon X600 XT graphics with 128 MB of DDR SDRAM (PCI-Express).
- Storage: 250 GB, 7200-rpm Ultra ATA-66 up to 128 GB Hard Drive Supported.
- Input\Output: 3x USB 2.0, 2x Firewire 400, built-in microphone, built-in speakers, audio out, audio input/output, iSight webcam.
- Optical drive: 8X “Super Drive”.
- Internet \ Wireless connection: Integrated Airport Extreme 802.11b/g, Gigabit Ethernet Optional 56k V.92 USB modem, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, built-in infrared (IR) receiver for Apple Remote.
- Preinstalled OS: 10.4.2.
- OS max. upgrade: 10.5.8.
- Dimensions: 18.6 x 19.4 x 7.4 inch.
- Weight: 22.0 lb.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Model No: A1145 (EMC 2082).
Apple Order number: MA064LL/A.
Discontinued: January 10, 2006.
- The iMac G5 iSight introduced PCI-Express, DDR2 and an integrated webcam to the market while removing the built-in modem for an USB one This set up a new standard for the industry.
- If you prefer to recycle your old iMac, you can always sell if for the highest price online: We at iGotOffer.com will gladly buy your used iMac for the best price. Free instant quote, free insured shipping, fast payment: Sell iMac.