The iPad 3rd Generation is an Apple tablet computer much more faster and powerful than the previous iPad 1st and iPad 2nd generation, it also includes a higher-resolution display, better camera, improved connectivity, voice dictation, 4G (LTE). The iPad 3 was officially marketed by Apple Inc, as The New iPad. In the US and Canada, nine versions of the New iPad were offered to the public. In the rest of the world there were marketed only six versions.
iPad 3rd Generation
Introduced on: March 16, 2012 in Australia, Canada, Japan, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. March 23, 2012 in most European countries, Mexico and Macau. April 20, 2012 in South Korea, Malaysia and other countries. April 27, 2012 in India and South Africa. May 2012 in Brazil, Turkey and dozen of other countries.
- Processor: Dual-core 1 GHz Apple A5X system on a chip. Quad core graphics processor.
- Onboard RAM: 1 GB. Flash memory storage: 16, 32, 64 GB.
- OS: Initially iOS 5.1. From September 19, 2012, iOS 6. The iPad 3 is compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8 and iOS 9. iOS 9.3.2 is the latest version to support the iPad 3rd Generation. Unlike the iPad 4th Generation, the iPad 3rd Generation will not support iOS 10 due to hardware limitations.
- Display: 9.7-inch 2048×1536 (264 ppi) multitouch glossy LED-backlit Retina display.
- Connectivity: In North America, connectivity options were Wi-Fi only, Wi-Fi + 4G (LTE) on Verizon, AT&T, Telus, Rogers, or Bell. For the rest of the world connectivity options are Wi-Fi only (on the Wi-Fi model) or Wi-Fi + 3G (on the Wi-Fi + Cellular model). 4G (LTE) connectivity is not available outside North America. The Wi-Fi + Cellular model includes GPS capability.
- Support: Mac Support: Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later. Windows Support: Windows XP SP3/Vista/7. Syncing with iTunes 10.6 or later is desired. To sync the iPad 3 with a PC, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later is required.
- Video support: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereoaudio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LCaudio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
- Camera: Front-mounted VGA-quality FaceTime camera, 802.11. Rear-mounted 5 megapixel “iSight” camera capable of shooting still images and 1080p video.
- Battery: Lythium polymer 9 hours surfing the web on Wi-Fi, up to 10 hours watching video, or listening to music.
- Dimensions: 9.50 x 7.31 x 0.37.
- Weight: Average weight – 1.46 lbs.
- Color: White or black front glass panels.
Apple Order, Discontinuation, Price
Model: Purchased from Apple: 16 GB configuration in black – MD366LL/A. 32 GB and 64 GB configurations in black – MD367LL/A and MD368LL/A, respectively. The 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB configurations in white – MD369LL/A, MD370LL/A and MD371LL/A, respectively. Purchased from AT&T: the 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB configurations in black – MD404LL/A, MD405LL/A, and MD406LL/A, respectively. The 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB configurations in white – MD407LL/A, MD408LL/A, and MD409LL/A. Model: A1430. A1416 – Wi-Fi Only.
Discontinued: on October 23, 2012, following the announcement of the iPad 4.
Price: Original price $629 – $829, depending on different factors.
Some Useful Features Of iPad – III
You can use the shutter timer to include yourself in your photos. To take selfies, frame your shot, tap the timer button and the number of seconds, then tap the shutter button and jump into the shot.
When typing Internet addresses, touch and hold the period on the keyboard to pick from different suffixes, like .com (but only in apps that support it).
To save photos from incoming messages, tap Details, touch and hold a photo, then tap More. Select the photos and tap Save Images. Now you can view and edit them in the Photos app.
If you want to go to a cinema, you can ask Siri what’s playing nearby. You can watch trailers, read reviews, buy tickets for some theaters. To gather your best shots in one album, tap the favorite button to select pictures you love, and they’re automatically gathered in the Favorites album.
- Three million iPad 3 units were sold in the first three days.
- Initially, the iPad 3 cellular version was titled and marketed worldwide as the Wi-Fi + 4G model. However due to regional differences in classification of 4G (LTE) connectivity outside of North America, Apple rebranded the model as the Wi-Fi + Cellular model.
- The 3G model supports A-GPS to allow its position to be calculated with GPS or relative to nearby cellphone towers. The model also has a black strip on the back to aid 3G reception.
- Before you sell iPad: Save iCloud Data. While getting ready to trade in used iPad don’t manually delete contacts, reminders, documents, photo streams, contacts or any other iCloud data while signed in to your iCloud account. If you delete your content manually it will also be deleted from the iCloud servers. Thus you will erase everything from your devices that are signed in to iCloud.
Keep Your iPad 3rd Generation Up To Date
Be sure to keep your iPad 3rd generation up to date so that you don’t miss out on the latest features.
Before you update your device, back it up to iTunes or iCloud. If you use your device’s Personal Hotspot for your computer’s Internet connection, update your device wirelessly. You can also connect your computer to another network. The easiest way to update the device is wirelessly. If you use a passcode, you’ll need to enter it before installing the update. Plug in your device to a owner source. Tap Settings > General > Software Update. Next tap Download and Install. Tap Later to install the update later. Some iOS software updates aren’t available as over-the-air updates. VPN or proxy connections might prevent your device from contacting the iOS update servers.
- To sell your old iPad for fast cash and top dollar visit us: We Buy Old iPads 3 for the Best Price Online. Free Instant Quote, Fast Payment, Free Fully Insured Shipping! – Sell my iPad online now.
The New iPad 3 Full Review (2012 3rd Gen). Uploaded by Jonathan Morrison on March 22, 2012