The tablet computer iPad mini 3, also known as iPad mini 3 with Touch ID, was released by Apple Inc. in October 2014. This tablet of the third generation of iPad minis features the Touch ID fingerprint sensor compatible with Apple Pay. This model have the same outer shell design and hardware as that of the iPad Mini 2.
iPad Mini 3
Announced alongside the iPad Air 2 on October 16, 2014. Released on October 22, 2014.
- Processor: System-on-chip (SOC) Apple A7 with 64-bit architecture. Apple M7 motion co-processor. CPU 1.3 GHz dual-core Apple Cyclone.
- OS: Pre-installed operating system: iOS 8.1. Current OS – iOS 9.3.2 (released on May 16, 2016).
- Memory: 1GB LPDDR3 DRAM.
- Storage: 16, 64 or 128 GB flash memory.
- Display: 64% Color 2048×1536 px (326 PPI), 7.9 in (200 mm) diagonal, 4:3 LED-backlit IPS LCD.
- Graphics: PowerVR G6430 (four cluster@450 MHz).
- Input: Multi-touch screen, headset controls, proximity and ambient light sensors, 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope, digital compass, dual microphone.
- Cameras: Front camera – 1.2 MP, 720p HD. Rear camera 5.0 MP AF, iSight with Five Element Lens, Hybrid IR filter, video stabilisation, face detection, HDR, ƒ/2.4 aperture.
- Connectivity and networking: Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + Cellular: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and MIMO. Bluetooth 4.0. Wi-Fi + Cellular: GPS & GLONASS. GSM UMTS / HSDPA. 850, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz. GSM / EDGE. 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz. CDMA. CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A and B. 800, 1900 MHz. LTE.
- Online services: App Store, iTunes Store, iBookstore, iCloud, Game Center.
- Built-in applications: Siri, an intelligent personal assistant and knowledge navigator, is integrated into the device and it can be activated hands-free. Camera, Photos, Messages, FaceTime, Mail, Music, Safari, Maps, Siri, Calendar, iTunes Store, App Store, Notes, Contacts, iBooks, Game Center, Reminders, Clock, Videos, Newsstand, Photo Booth and Podcasts. The Apple App Store allows users to browse and download applications made by various developers from the iTunes Store. Additional apps made by Apple itself are available for free download, which are iMovie, GarageBand, iTunes U, Find My iPhone, Find My Friends, Apple Store, Trailers, Remote, and the iWork apps (Pages, Keynote, and Numbers).The iPad Mini 3 can also sync content and other data with a Mac or PC using iTunes.
- Dimensions: 7.9 in height, 5.3 in width, 0.3 in depth.
- Average Weight: Wi-Fi: 0.730 lb. Wi-Fi + Cellular: 0.752 lb.
- Colors: In addition to colors used in iPad mini 2 (black glass front and Space gray aluminum back, white glass front and silver colored aluminum back), the iPad mini 3 was available in white glass front and a gold colored aluminum back.
Apple Order, Discontinuation, Price
Apple order numbers: Configuration in white/silver with 16 GB of storage – MGNV2LL/A. In white/silver with 64 GB of storage – MGGT2LL/A. 128 GB of storage – MGP42LL/A. In white/gold, with 16 GB – MGYE2LL/A. 64 GB – MGYE2LL/A.128 GB of storage – MGYK2LL/A. respectively. Finally, in black/space gray, with 16 GB = MGNR2LL/A. 64 GB – MGGQ2LL/A.128 GB of storage – MGP32LL/A.
Discontinued: September 9, 2015. The iPad mini 3 was replaced by the iPad Mini 4.
Introductory price: The iPad mini 3 with Wi-Fi: 16 GB: $399, 64 GB: $499, 128 GB: $599. The iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular: 16 GB: $529, 64 GB: $629, 128 GB: $729.
- Although the iPad mini 3 tablet is not designed to make phone calls over a cellular network, users can use a headset or the built-in speaker and microphone to place phone calls over Wi-Fi or cellular using a VoIP application such as Skype.
- When the iPad mini 3 was released, its upgrades were considered very modest by most of experts.
- If you want to sell your old iPad mini 3 and save money for a new gadget, don’t wait, sell it today to iGotOffer.com for the best price online: Sell iPad mini 3 fast for for top dollar.