The Apple iPhone 1st Generation (the original iPhone, EDGE, iPhone 1,1) combines mobile phone, Internet communications, iPod and other functionalities. The original iPhone introduced a multi-touch interface (control of the functions by dragging fingeracross the glass display). The first iPhone is also referred to as the iPhone 2G because it doesn’t support 3G networks.
iPhone 1st Generation (Original iPhone, iPhone 1,1)
Introduced: 4GB model on January 9, 2007. 16 GB model on February 5,2008.
- Processors: Geekbench 2 (32). Geekbench 3 (32). Geekbench 3 (64).
- Processor Speed: 412 Mhz.
- Processor Type: Samsung ARM 11.
- Onboard RAM: 128 MB.
- Storage capacity: 4, 8 and 16 GB of flash memory.
- Core Design: ARM1176 x 1.
- CPU: S5L8900. CPU Speed: 400 MHz
- OS: Mac OS X 10.4.10. iPhone OS 1.0 (1A543a). iPhone OS 3.1.3. Windows Support: (compatible with a PC with USB 2.0): Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, Ultimate Edition. Windows XP Home, Professional with Service Pack 2 or later, iTunes 7.3 or later.
- Usage time: Standby time – up to 250 hours. Talk time up to 8 hours. Audio time (audio playback) – up to 24 hours. Video time (video playback) – up to 7 hours. Internet Web browsing up to 6 hours.
- Display : 3.5″ display with 320×480 resolution at 163 ppi
- Connectivity: Built-in support for Wi-Fi (802.11b/g), EDGE, Bluetooth 2.0 EDR. USB. Dock and Headphone ports.
- Audio Support: AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 1, 2, and 3), Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV.
- Photo: 2.0 megapixel rear camera.
- Photo Support: JPG, GIF, TIFF images, the iPod function of the iPhone supports images synchronized from iTunes.
- Video Support: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 768 Kbps, 320 by 240 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, .mov file formats.
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46.
- Average weight: 4.8 oz.
- Accessories: Shipped with a stereo headset, dock, dock connector to USB cable, USB power adapter, a cleaning cloth.
- Battery: Lithium ion battery. Power – 5,18 Wh. Current: 1400 mA. Voltage – 3,7V.
- Color: Aluminum (gray).
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: MA712LL/A for the 8 GB configuration. MA501LL/A for the 4 GB configuration. MB384LL/A for the 16 GB configuration.
Apple Model No: A1203.
Discontinued: 4 GB model on September 5, 2007. 8 GB model on June 9,2008.
Initial price: $599 requiring a 2-year contact with AT&T. Final prices dropped to $399, still requiring a 2-year contract with AT&T.
- Although iPhone original ran preinstalled iPhone 1.0 OS, Apple didn’t reffered to this OS as iPhone OS till March 17, 2009, as it was called OS X (not the same as Mac OS X) before. On June 7, 2010, Apple changed the name to iOS.
- The original iPhone does not offer a disk mode for file transfer.
- Apple’s iPhone 1,1 multi-touch interface allows users to control the functions of the system by dragging fingers across the glass display for the first time in history.The first iPhone has an accelerometer and switchs automatically accordingly depenging on how the smartphone is held:in landscape or portrait mode.
- Iphone 1,1 has an ambient light sensor to adjust screen brightness based on the need. Another sensor, a proximity sensor, turns off the display when it is held to the ear.
- Sell your old iPhone for the best price. We at iGotOffer.com Buy Even Broken Smartphones for fast cash, Free Instant Quote, Free Shipping, Fast Payment.