This model mostly similar to the previously presented iPhone 4 introduced a few changes to the hardware – mainly, support for CDMA. Other than that, the CDMA Verizon Sprint version of the iPhone offers a revised antenna and button placement and the new function of a “Personal Hotspot” allowing the iPhone to connect to other devices using their Wi-Fi connectivity.
iPhone 4 CDMA Verizon Sprint
Introduced on January 11, 2011.
- Processor Speed: 1.0 GHz.
- Processor Type: Apple A4.
- Onboard RAM: 512 MB.
- Storage Capacity: 8, 16, 32 GB.
- OS: Pre-Installed OS – iOS 4.2.6. Maximum OS – iOS 7.1.2.
- Usage time: Standby time – 300 hours. Up to 40 hours of audio playback. 7 hours of talk time on 3G. 6 hours of Internet use on 3G. 10 hours of Internet use on Wi-Fi. 10 hours of video playback.
- Display: 3.5” display with 960 x 640 resolution at 326 ppi.
- Connectivity: Built-in support for Wi-Fi. USB. Dock and Headphone ports.
- Audio Support: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV.
- Cameras: Rear Camera: 5 megapixel HD video/still camera (720p at 30 FPS) with a 5X digital zoom. Front Camera: VGA quality video/still camera.
- Photo Support: The Safari we browser supports JPG, GIF, and TIFF images.
- Video Support: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
- Dimensions: 4.5 in height, 2.31 in width, 0.37 in depth.
- Average weight: 4.8 oz.
- Accessories: Shipped with Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic, dock connector to USB cable, USB power adapter, and documentation.
- Battery: Lithium ion battery.
- Colors: Black and White.
Photos: Load your favorite photos onto iPhone from your computer using iTunes or use the built-in camera to take pictures. Tap Photos to see your pictures. Flick right or left to move between images. Double-tap or pinch to zoom. Tap once to bring up the onscreen controls. Tap the Action button to send a photo in an MMS or email. You can also use a photo as wallpaper, assign it to a contact, or print it wirelessly using an AirPrint-capable printer.
HD video: To record HD video, tap Camera, then set the Camera/Video switch to video. Tap the Record button to start recording. Tap it again to stop recording. “Tap to focus” lets you control focus and exposure by tapping anyone or anything on the screen. You can record in landscape or portrait. You can even turn on the camera light when shooting in low-light conditions.
Video and song controls: Tap the screen to bring up onscreen controls. Tap again to hide them. Double-tapping a movie switches between widescreen and full screen. While listening to music, rotate iPhone to flick through your album art in Cover Flow. Tap any album to see its track list, then tap any track to play it. Tap outside the track list to flip back to the album artwork. When listening to music with the iPhone headset, press the center button once to pause or play, and press it twice quickly to skip to the next song. Tap the AirPlay button to stream your music or video to an Apple TV.
Intelligent keyboard: iPhone automatically corrects and suggests words as you type. So if you tap a wrong letter, just keep typing. To accept the suggested word, tap the space bar. Tap the “x” to dismiss the suggested word and help iPhone learn the word you typed. The keyboard automatically inserts apostrophes into contractions. And if you tap the space bar twice, it adds a period. To switch to the number and symbol keyboard, tap the “.?123” key.
Cut, copy, and paste: Tap the text you want to edit, or touch and hold to bring up the magnifying glass, then slide your finger to move the insertion point. You can select a word by double-tapping it, and select more or less text by dragging the grab points. Then tap to cut, copy, or paste. To copy text from web pages, email, or text messages, touch and hold to select the text. To undo an edit, shake iPhone, then tap the Undo button.
See the web up close: In Safari, double-tap any element on a web page – picture or text – to zoom in. Double-tap again to zoom back out. Tap the Multi-page button to flick between multiple web pages or open a new one. Rotate iPhone to see the web in widescreen.
Find location. Search surroundings: To see where you are on a map, tap the Location button. A blue dot appears at your current position. To see which way you’re facing, tap the Location button again to turn on compass view. Find places around you by typing words like “Starbucks” or “pizza” in the search fi eld. Double-tap to zoom in. Tap once with two fingers to zoom out. You can also get directions or tap the Page Curl button for additional map views.
App Store: Tap the App Store icon to wirelessly browse hundreds of thousands of apps in categories like games, business, travel, social networking, and more. Browse by Featured, Categories, or Top 25 or search by name. To purchase and download an app directly to your iPhone, tap Buy Now. Many apps are even free.
iTunes Store: You can access the iTunes Store wirelessly by tapping the iTunes icon. Search the store for music, movies, TV shows, music videos, and more. Browse, purchase, and download from the store directly to your iPhone. Tap any item to hear or see a preview.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: MC676LL/A.
Apple Model: A1349.
Discontinued: September 10, 2013.
Initial price: US$199, US$299.
- The CDMA model does not have an access panel, unlike the other iPhone 4 models, or a SIM card.
- Verizon was the first to introduce the new “Personal Hotspot” option. The new capability allows the device to connect up to five devices through enabled Wi-Fi.
- The CDMA model does not support 2G/EDGE networks.
- Sell your old and used iPhone 4 for the best price online: We Buy Old iPhones for Cash! Best Prices!
Apple iPhone 4 Review. Video uploaded by PhoneArena on June 26, 2010