This version of the iPhone was introduced after the discontinuation of the original iPhone 4. The new model offered more of a lower-end take on the iPhone 4 with a memory of 8 GB. Being very similar to the original model, the iPhone 4 Revision A still offers some unique identifiers.
iPhone 4 GSM Revision A
Introduced on October 4, 2011.
- Processor: Apple A4 chip. The system-on-a-chip is composed of an ARM Cortex-A8 CPU integrated with a PowerVR SGX 535 GPU.Processor Speed: 1.0 GHz.
- Processor Type: Apple A4.
- Onboard RAM: 512 MB.
- Storage Capacity: 8 GB of flash memory.
- OS: Pre-Installed OS – iOS 4.0 (8A293). Maximum OS – iOS 7.1.2.
- Usage Time: Standby Time – 300 Hours. Up to 40 hours of audio playback. 14 hours of talk time on 2G. 7 hours of talk time on 3G. 6 hours of Internet use on 3G. 10 hours of Internet use on Wi-Fi. 10 hours of video playback.
- Display: 3.5” display with 960×640 resolution at 326 ppi.
- Connectivity: Built-in support for Wi-Fi. USB. Dock and headphone ports.
- Audio Support: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC, HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV.
- Rear Camera: 5 megapixel HD video/still camera (720p at 30 FPS) with a 5X digital zoom.
- Front Camera: VGA quality video/still camera.
- Photo Support: The Safari web browser supports JPG, GIF, and TIFF images.
- Video Support: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
- Dimensions: 4.5 in height, 2.31 in width, 0.37 in depth.
- Average Weight: 4.8 oz.
- Accessories: Shipped with Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic, dock connector to USB cable, USB power adapter, and documentation.
- Battery: Lithium ion battery. 3.7 V, 5.3 Wh (1,420 mAh). Up to 40 hours of music.
- Color: Black and White.
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: MD126LL.
Apple Model Number: A1332.
Discontinuation: September 10, 2013.
Initial Price: US$99 with a two-year AT&T contract or unlocked and contract-free for US$549. On September 12, 2012, Apple cut the price to US$0 with a two-year contract and started offering it unlocked and contract-free for US$450.
- The “Revision A” model of the iPhone was first introduced at a price of US$99 with a two-year AT&T contract. However, the price was later dropped to US$0 subsidized by a two-year contract.
- On April 19, 2010, gadget website Gizmodo reported that they had purchased an iPhone prototype for $5000, and had conducted a product teardown of the device. The prototype is reported to have been lost by an Apple employee, Gray Powell, in Redwood City, California. Apple’s legal associates formally requested for the phone to be returned to Apple, and Gizmodo responded with the intent to cooperate.
- Save money for your new phone? Sell your old iPhone model to iGotOffer for the best price. Free quote, free shipping, fast payment.