The iPhone 5 is the sixth generation of the iPhone. This version of the iPhone has introduced great design changes, including a lighter body and a taller screen. The iPhone 5 introduced features that were not presented on the iPhone’s previous generations, for instance, LTE support, Lightning and a new, more compact, version of the dock connector.
Released on September 21, 2012.
- Processors: Apple A6.
- Storage capacity: 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB.
- OS: iOS 6.0.
- Display: 4 (100mm) display with 1136×640 resolution at 326 ppi.
- Connectivity: Built-in support for Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, USB dock and headphone ports.
- Rear camera: Sony Exmor R IMX145.
- Front camera: 1.2 MP.
- Dimensions: 4.87 in height, 2.31 in width, 0.30 in depth.
- Average Weight: 3.95 oz.
- Battery: 1440 mAh.
- Color: Black (dark gray “slate” matte back and a glossy black front) and white (silver matte back and a glossy white front).
Apple Orders, Discontinuation, Price
Apple Order: MD634LL/A.
Apple Model: A1428.
Discontinued: September 10, 2013.
Original price: US$199, US$299, US$399.
- The demand for the new iPhone 5 broke the record set by the iPhone 4S by selling over 5 million units in just the first three days.
- According to J.P. Morgan’s Michael Feroli, iPhone 5’s sales could boost US’ annualized GDP growth by $3.2 billion.
- Looking where to sell your old iPhone 5 for cash? Trade-in your old smartphone at iGotOffer.com: We buy even broken smartphones. Instant quote, best prices.